Dummy text in Windows installer

Matthias Seidel
Hi @all,

I would like to remove some dummy text from the Windows installer.
In fact I have never seen a program using "ARPHELPTELEPHONE". Better
leave it blank than to use "x-xxx-xxx-xxx" ;-)

My local builds are behaving well, but I am not sure what impact it has
on import/export of translations.

Any ideas?

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Dummy text in Windows installer

Marcus (OOo)
> I would like to remove some dummy text from the Windows installer.
> In fact I have never seen a program using "ARPHELPTELEPHONE". Better
> leave it blank than to use "x-xxx-xxx-xxx" ;-)

have you checked the related requirements on the Microsoft webpages?
I've found [1] and [2]. But I'm not sure if it's a mandatory element or not.

> My local builds are behaving well, but I am not sure what impact it has
> on import/export of translations.

Please can you give us the pointer to the code in SVN?

[1]
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa367588(v=vs.85).aspx
[2]
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa370905(v=vs.85).aspx

Thanks

Marcus

Am 30.03.2018 um 00:10 schrieb Marcus:
I would like to remove some dummy text from the Windows installer.
In fact I have never seen a program using "ARPHELPTELEPHONE". Better
leave it blank than to use "x-xxx-xxx-xxx" ;-)

have you checked the related requirements on the Microsoft webpages?
I've found [1] and [2]. But I'm not sure if it's a mandatory element or not.

No, it isn't mandatory.
But to be clear, I don't want to remove the key itself, only the (dummy) value. Even Microsoft leaves it blank. ;-)

My question is, what impact does it have on Pootle synchronization if I also delete the unused string from:
/main/instsetoo_native/inc_openoffice/windows/msi_languages

Regards,
   Matthias

My local builds are behaving well, but I am not sure what impact it has
on import/export of translations.

Please can you give us the pointer to the code in SVN?

[1] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa367588(v=vs.85).aspx
[2] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa370905(v=vs.85).aspx

Thanks

Marcus

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Dummy text in Windows installer

Marcus (OOo)

> Am 30.03.2018 um 00:10 schrieb Marcus:
>>> I would like to remove some dummy text from the Windows installer.
>>> In fact I have never seen a program using "ARPHELPTELEPHONE". Better
>>> leave it blank than to use "x-xxx-xxx-xxx" ;-)
>>
>> have you checked the related requirements on the Microsoft webpages?
>> I've found [1] and [2]. But I'm not sure if it's a mandatory element
>> or not.
>
> No, it isn't mandatory.
> But to be clear, I don't want to remove the key itself, only the (dummy)
> value. Even Microsoft leaves it blank. ;-)

ah, OK.

> My question is, what impact does it have on Pootle synchronization if I
> also delete the unused string from:
> /main/instsetoo_native/inc_openoffice/windows/msi_languages

I've no clue what will happen with Pootle. Maybe Andrea has an idea?. I
think you just have to test this.

Marcus

>>> My local builds are behaving well, but I am not sure what impact it has
>>> on import/export of translations.
>>
>> Please can you give us the pointer to the code in SVN?
>>
>> [1]
>> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa367588(v=vs.85).aspx
>> [2]
>> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa370905(v=vs.85).aspx

Re: Dummy text in Windows installer

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 31/03/2018 Marcus wrote:
>> My question is, what impact does it have on Pootle synchronization if
>> I also delete the unused string from:
>> /main/instsetoo_native/inc_openoffice/windows/msi_languages
>
> I've no clue what will happen with Pootle. Maybe Andrea has an idea?

I don't think this will have a bigger impact than other changes that are
already in trunk. We are still quite behind in the localization process
for 4.2.0, not yet at a point where we have the full process under
control. But this shouldn't block improvements.

Regards,
   Andrea.