EVERYTHIGN LOST!!!!

Daniel Landgraf
after saving my document it consists only of ###### (sharps)!!! Very bad,
now i lost everything!!

Re: EVERYTHIGN LOST!!!!

Oliver Brinzing
Am 14.09.2018 um 17:31 schrieb Daniel Landgraf:
> after saving my document it consists only of ###### (sharps)!!! Very bad,
> now i lost everything!!

search for the openoffice user profile backup folder:
%appdata%\OpenOffice\4\user\backup

maybe you will find your document.
otherwise recover the file from your backup.

Re: EVERYTHIGN LOST!!!!

Rory O'Farrell
On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 17:31:34 +0200
Daniel Landgraf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> after saving my document it consists only of ###### (sharps)!!! Very bad,
> now i lost everything!!

Your file has been damaged, perhaps because of over hasty close down of the computer before internal housekeeping was complete.

See this link for information on recovery:

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038

This is a tutorial on how to find and un-delete Writer temporary files; it also works for Calc files

If that doesn't work, as soon as possible do the following:

Download Recuva or PhotoRec (only one needed) and let it do an indepth recovery of deleted files on your computer. Examine files with approximately the correct timestamp.  You may have to rename such files to .odt or .ods (depending on your original file type)

You may get a file containing some or all of your data (or not). Do this as a first priority; other use of the computer may overwrite any existing but deleted files and prevent their recovery. There is no guarantee that you will recover anything useful.

Do the above soonest!
--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: EVERYTHIGN LOST!!!!

jd1008
Have you considered that
1. your machine might be hacked and contains malware?
2. You hard drive might be failing?
3. Your dram might be failing?

On 09/14/2018 09:31 AM, Daniel Landgraf wrote:
> after saving my document it consists only of ###### (sharps)!!! Very bad,
> now i lost everything!!

Re: EVERYTHIGN LOST!!!!

Johnny Rosenberg
Den fre 14 sep. 2018 kl 17:47 skrev Daniel Landgraf <
[hidden email]>:

> after saving my document it consists only of ###### (sharps)!!! Very bad,
> now i lost everything!!

Not everything, unless you forgot to do your daily backup, of course. But
who forgets that? Nobody, I hope. Those who easily forget things probably
set up a schedule for backup anyway, like a Cron job or something similar.

So just recover your important document from your latest backup. If you
don't have one, maybe your document wasn't that important after all?

Anyway, did you have a question of some kind? I can't see it.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg