Edit attachments

Esther Fyk
Hello:
When I send Open Office documents from my gmail the recipient (who does not have gmail) cannot edit them - they are ‘Read Only’.  How can I send them so they can be edited by the recipient?
Thank you
Esther Fyk

Re: Edit attachments

David Robley-2
Your recipient needs to save the attachment(s) to their computer - the
saved files will then be editable unless you have specifically set them
otherwise.

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
will be ignored.

On 8/1/21 8:02 am, Esther Fyk wrote:
> Hello:
> When I send Open Office documents from my gmail the recipient (who does not have gmail) cannot edit them - they are ‘Read Only’.  How can I send them so they can be edited by the recipient?
> Thank you
> Esther Fyk

Cheers
--
David Robley

Don't ask me, I'm making this up as I go!