Email attachment

Terry Buker
Not sure if you can help me on this one.   I have Shaw email.  I can attach an Open Office document (shows as an icon) on a outgoing email but when I convert the Open Office document to a PDF, the document doesn’t show up as an icon on the email but exhibits a partial viewing of the actual text in the attachment.

I have contacted Shaw but they suggested it was a problem in converting to PDF.

Any ideas?

Terry

Re: Email attachment

Martin Groenescheij

On 04/12/17 3:39 AM, Terry Buker wrote:
> Not sure if you can help me on this one.   I have Shaw email.  I can attach an Open Office document (shows as an icon) on a outgoing email but when I convert the Open Office document to a PDF, the document doesn’t show up as an icon on the email but exhibits a partial viewing of the actual text in the attachment.
>
> I have contacted Shaw but they suggested it was a problem in converting to PDF.
>
> Any ideas?

Maybe you could check how other PDF files are displayed. If the also
show partial text then there is no issue with the conversion from
OpenOffice to PDF files.
If other PDF files show as icons then the question is how did you
convert OpenOffice to PDF

> Terry

Re: Email attachment

Terry Buker
Thanks for the quick replies and suggestions.

Another user suggested I send it and see what it looks like. Seems the PDF file does show up as an icon when I send it.

Thanks again for the help.

Terry