Encrypted Basic modules can't be modified?

Encrypted Basic modules can't be modified?

Peter Eberlein
Hi,

can somebody reproduce the three following bugs:

1. Create a new basic library and encrypt it with a password.
2. Close the office and restart it.
3. Modify the macro in your encrypted module, push the save-button and
close the office.
4. Restart the office. Changes are not saved.

It doesn't matter, if the library was created in the shared or in the
user folder.
Read only status of the script.xlb is false of course.

Next:

1. Restart the office
2. Make a typo in the password dialog while opening your library.
3. Basic module is shown, but without any content.
4. You can't access your library until you have restarted your
    whole office.

Next:

1. Try to delete the password (replacing by an empty string).
    You will get a general input- output error. The new password
    ("") will not be saved.
2. Try another password. It will not be saved.

I deployed a lot of macros to the users and have to change them now. So
what? Any workaround?

OpenOffice 2.0 and WinNT SP6

Regards

Peter

Re: Encrypted Basic modules can't be modified?

Juergen Schmidt-3
Hi Peter,

Peter Eberlein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can somebody reproduce the three following bugs:
>
> 1. Create a new basic library and encrypt it with a password.
> 2. Close the office and restart it.
> 3. Modify the macro in your encrypted module, push the save-button and
> close the office.
> 4. Restart the office. Changes are not saved.

i can't reproduce this behaviour on a m143, seems to be fixed in OO.o2.0.1

> It doesn't matter, if the library was created in the shared or in the
> user folder.
> Read only status of the script.xlb is false of course.
>
> Next:
>
> 1. Restart the office
> 2. Make a typo in the password dialog while opening your library.
> 3. Basic module is shown, but without any content.
> 4. You can't access your library until you have restarted your
>    whole office.

i can reproduce this behaviour, pleases submit an issue. I have no
workaround in place.
But the issue is important and we have to fix it asap.

> Next:
>
> 1. Try to delete the password (replacing by an empty string).
>    You will get a general input- output error. The new password
>    ("") will not be saved.
> 2. Try another password. It will not be saved.

i can't reproduce this behaviour on a m143, seems to be fixed in OO.o2.0.1

Juergen

> I deployed a lot of macros to the users and have to change them now. So
> what? Any workaround?
>
> OpenOffice 2.0 and WinNT SP6
>
> Regards
>
> Peter

Re: Encrypted Basic modules can't be modified?

PETER EBERLEIN-2
Hi Jürgen,

thx for the fast answer,

Peter

Jürgen Schmidt schrieb:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Peter Eberlein wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> can somebody reproduce the three following bugs:
>>
>> 1. Create a new basic library and encrypt it with a password.
>> 2. Close the office and restart it.
>> 3. Modify the macro in your encrypted module, push the save-button and
>> close the office.
>> 4. Restart the office. Changes are not saved.
>

> i can't reproduce this behaviour on a m143, seems to be fixed in OO.o2.0.1
>

>> It doesn't matter, if the library was created in the shared or in the
>> user folder.
>> Read only status of the script.xlb is false of course.
>>
>> Next:
>>
>> 1. Restart the office
>> 2. Make a typo in the password dialog while opening your library.
>> 3. Basic module is shown, but without any content.
>> 4. You can't access your library until you have restarted your
>>    whole office.
>

> i can reproduce this behaviour, pleases submit an issue. I have no
> workaround in place.
> But the issue is important and we have to fix it asap.

Done, issue 59247