English Dictionaries - Remove a paragraph from the description

English Dictionaries - Remove a paragraph from the description

Marco A.G.Pinto
Hello!

Can I remove the paragraph in the official extensions site:
"
This is a locally hosted copy of the English dictionaries with fixed dash handling and new ligature and phonetic suggestion support extension. - See more at: http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice#sthash.9xwP5Me6.dpuf
This is a locally hosted copy of the English dictionaries with fixed dash handling and new ligature and phonetic suggestion support extension."
This is a locally hosted copy of the English dictionaries with fixed dash handling and new ligature and phonetic suggestion support extension. - See more at: http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice#sthash.9xwP5Me6.dpuf

The link it points to is from 2010 and it is almost 2016 so the old text is useless and outdated and we should place the minimum amount of text possible to keep it simple to understandable to all users.

Andrea, what is your opinion?

Thanks!

Kind regards from your friend,
        >Marco A.G.Pinto
          ------------------------

Re: English Dictionaries - Remove a paragraph from the description

Andrea Pescetti-2
Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> Can I remove the paragraph in the official extensions site:
> This is a locally hosted copy of the English dictionaries with fixed
> dash handling and new ligature and phonetic suggestion support
> extension. - See more at:  ...

I created the extension that is now maintained by you because, due to
the new build constraints, we needed to have the extension available on
the extensions.openoffice.org site and the one we were using was hosted
externally. So it was indeed born as a simple copy of another extension.

In the last months/years instead you improved it a lot, so the paragraph
is no longer correct. I suggest that you still mention the original
extension in internal files (README, Changelog) but feel free to remove
the paragraph that I had inserted when creating that extension.

Regards,
   Andrea.