Error 1704

Cindi Farnham
I'm trying to install Open Office on my new computer with Windows 10 and keep getting this message.  Can you please advise.

Error 1704. An installation for Microsoft Visual C++2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161 is currently suspended. You must undo the changes made by that installation to continue. Do you want to undo those changes?  Yes No

When I click on yes to undo the changes, the same message keeps coming back.  If I hit no it goes back to the installation window, but no farther.

Cindi Farnham

Re: Error 1704

M Henri Day

> I'm trying to install Open Office on my new computer with Windows 10 and
> keep getting this message.  Can you please advise.
>

> Error 1704. An installation for Microsoft Visual C++2008 Redistributable -
> x64 9.0.30729.6161 is currently suspended. You must undo the changes made
> by that installation to continue. Do you want to undo those changes?  Yes No
>

> When I click on yes to undo the changes, the same message keeps coming
> back.  If I hit no it goes back to the installation window, but no farther.
>

> Cindi Farnham

​Cindi, you might want to take a look at the answer to a similar question​
posted on a Microsoft Community webpage some three years ago :
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_install/error-1704-please-help-me/a914f85a-5aa9-41b6-814c-8b47f58a080c..
..

Let us know if this helps !

Henri