Error 508 With Open Office When Using Edate Formula

Error 508 With Open Office When Using Edate Formula

Mark Messiha

All,

I have a client who uses Open office.  I need to use formula Edate to calculate some dates.  When doing so, I get error 508.

The formula is as follows:  =edate(r2, 9) or =edate(r2, 12). Can anyone tell me why I get error code 508 and what I can do to fix it?

I have done the following:

·         Uninstalled Open Office

·         Rebooted my PC

·         Run CCLeaner

·         Rebooted my PC again

·         Reinstalled the latest version of Open office

The problem is still present.

Regardless,

Mark Messiha

LinkedEHR Support Manager

0474 474 400

WentWest Limited

Direct Tel: (02) 8811 7194  Fax: (02) 9622  3448

Postal address: PO Box 5 Blacktown Post Shop  NSW  2148

Street address: Level 1, 85 Flushcombe Road Blacktown  NSW  2148

PRACTICE SUPPORT HELP DESK: (02) 8811 7117 or [hidden email]

Follow us on Twitter @WentWest_Ltd

Working in PARTNERSHIP, BETTER health outcomes, TRUSTED in the local community...

WE ARE HERE TO HELP.

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error, including any attachments, its use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying together with any file attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please destroy the original transmission, including any attachments, and immediately notify the sender by telephone on 02 8811 7100 or reply by email.

Re: Error 508 With Open Office When Using Edate Formula

Brian Barker
At 04:15 08/09/2017 +0000, Mark Messiha wrote:
>I have a client who uses Open office. I need to
>use formula Edate to calculate some dates. When doing so, I get error 508.
>The formula is as follows: =edate(r2, 9) or
>=edate(r2, 12). Can anyone tell me why I get
>error code 508 and what I can do to fix it?

OpenOffice uses a semicolon, not a comma, as a
parameter separator in spreadsheet formulae. Use
=EDATE(R2;9) and so on instead.

>I have done the following:
>·         Uninstalled Open Office
>·         Rebooted my PC
>·         Run CCLeaner
>·         Rebooted my PC again
>·         Reinstalled the latest version of Open office

You could have read the Calc Manual, which says
"*Note* OOo uses the semicolon as an argument
list separator, unlike Excel which uses a comma.
This is a common mistake made by users accustomed to entering Excel formulas."

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

RE: Error 508 With Open Office When Using Edate Formula

Mark Messiha
Thanks Brian.  This helped allot and worked.  I read something on Google about commas but it didn't make sense due to the poor language used.

Sorry, but I am new to the forum so I am not aware of the Calc Manual.

Anyway, this is now resolved.  Much appreciated.

Mark.