Error 511

Priyanshu Mehta
I entered a function in organizing macros but when I entered the name of
function it shows Err:511 What I typed is here

Function address()
address()="ABC school,123 road"
End Function

But when I type =address() in any cell it shows Err:511. Pls tell what can
I do to solve this. Pls reply

Re: Error 511

Brian Barker-2
At 16:26 27/11/2020 +0530, Priyanshu Mehta wrote:
>I entered a function in organizing macros but when I entered the
>name of function it shows Err:511 What I typed is here
>Function address()
>address()="ABC school,123 road"
>End Function
>
>But when I type =address() in any cell it shows Err:511.

I think your only problem is that you have chosen a name, ADDRESS,
that already exists as a spreadsheet function. When you attempt to
use it, OpenOffice interprets your request as being for the built-in
ADDRESS() function, which expects five parameters, and throws an
error since you have given it none.

>Pls tell what can I do to solve this.

Just choose a different name for your function, one not already in use.

PS: the answer to your second question is very much the same.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker