Error 511

Priyanshu Mehta
I entered a function in organizing macros but when I entered the name of
function it shows Err:511 What I typed is here

Function address()
address()="ABC school,123 road"
End Function

But when I type =address() in any cell it shows Err:511. Pls tell what can
I do to solve this. Pls reply

Re: Error 511

Wade Smart-2
Missing variable

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Calc_Guide/General_error_codes
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 5:50 AM Priyanshu Mehta
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I entered a function in organizing macros but when I entered the name of
> function it shows Err:511 What I typed is here
>
> Function address()
> address()="ABC school,123 road"
> End Function
>
> But when I type =address() in any cell it shows Err:511. Pls tell what can
> I do to solve this. Pls reply

Re: Error 511

Czesław Wolański

On 2020/11/27 11:21:25, Priyanshu Mehta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I entered a function in organizing macros but when I entered the name of
> function it shows Err:511 What I typed is here
>
> Function address()
> address()="ABC school,123 road"
> End Function
>
> But when I type =address() in any cell it shows Err:511. Pls tell what can
> I do to solve this. Pls reply

If I understand correctly:

1. You defined in the Basic-IDE a function named  address().
2. When you invoke this function from Calc using  =address()
you get Error 511 (Missing variable in function).

You get this error because - contrary to what you might expect - you
call built-in function of Calc - ADDRESS() without arguments.

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_ADDRESS_function

As you see, your function has the same name as built-in Calc function.
Change the name of your function to something unique e.g. addressPM()
and it shall work.
(of course your function must be saved in the default module).

Regards,
Czesław Wolański