Error Report Tool

Buck
I see in the OO Help an Error Report Tool for reporting crashes. My OO v4.01
has crashed several times and this tool has never started as Help states it
usually will. Also I have searched the entire tool bar and everywhere else I
could think of without finding a link to this tool to  make a manual report.

An ideas?

Thanks.

Buck Castleberry

Re: Error Report Tool

Andrea Pescetti-2
Buck wrote:
> I see in the OO Help an Error Report Tool for reporting crashes. My OO
> v4.01 has crashed several times and this tool has never started as Help
> states it usually will. Also I have searched the entire tool bar and
> everywhere else I could think of without finding a link to this tool to
> make a manual report.

This is due to outdated documentation and messages. The error reporting
tool was retired in recent releases. If you have a repeatable way to
cause a crash, please give all details in Bugzilla
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ or in the Forum (easier)
https://forum.openoffice.org/

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Error Report Tool

Joost Andrae-2
Hi Andrea,

the retirement for CrashReporter on the Windows platform is somehow
understandable as the requirement to archive every Windows debug build
that has been released is too expensive for the project now but on other
platforms (like on Linux) where the CrashReporter used the backtrace
functionality of the achitectures system kernel library it would benefit
AOO's "supporters" because users can provide a stack trace when they're
asked for. The current developers should re-think about the decision to
retire the CrashReporter.

> This is due to outdated documentation and messages. The error reporting
> tool was retired in recent releases. If you have a repeatable way to
> cause a crash, please give all details in Bugzilla
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ or in the Forum (easier)
> https://forum.openoffice.org/
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.