Error: Unknown database 'root@localhost'

Stefan Meier
Dear developers,

I want to use the MySQL Connector to transfer data tables from an Open
Office Database to a MySQL Database. I have Open Office 3.2.1 and I
connected OO with a new MySQL Database as described in
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Database/Drivers/MySQL_Native/1.0#Getting_Started:_Connecting_to_MySQL

During the process the connection test is successful.

As sonn as I drag and drop a table from OO db to the MySQL db, I can
select the imput parameters but when I click finish I get the Error in
the subject. How can I make it work?

Thank you very much,
Stefan

Re: Error: Unknown database 'root@localhost'

Robert Großkopf
Hello Stefan,

I'm not a developer, but have read the text "Getting_started"

> I want to use the MySQL Connector to transfer data tables from an Open
> Office Database to a MySQL Database. I have Open Office 3.2.1 and I
> connected OO with a new MySQL Database as described in
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Database/Drivers/MySQL_Native/1.0#Getting_Started:_Connecting_to_MySQL

I could not understand that people will connect as "root" to mysql. A
bad idea for anybody who is interested in a save system.

> During the process the connection test is successful.

You have connected and can see the tables of the mysql-database?

> As sonn as I drag and drop a table from OO db to the MySQL db, I can
> select the imput parameters but when I click finish I get the Error in
> the subject. How can I make it work?

I have tried it, with the assistant I cannot get any connection, but
when I finish ist works - not only for one database but for all
databases of mysql at the same time.
When I drag and drop data I have to select a database first. Example: I
have a table "holidays". OpenOffice assistant asks for the name and only
writes "holidays". I will create the tabele in "test". So I have to
change the name to "test.holidays". So mysql will save it in the
database test.

Good luck

Robert