Error building windows installation set

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error building windows installation set

Oldfield So
Dear all,

All modules are compiled rather smoothly, finally came to the
building of installation set, but couldn't resolve the following
problem:

== BEGIN ==

checkdir:  cannot create extraction directory:
/cygdrive/d/temp/instsetunpack_14
841131416970/wntmsci10.pro/OpenOffice/zipfiles/en-US/00/basicsrvdepot_zip
... cleaning the output tree ...
... removing directory /cygdrive/d/temp/instsetunpack_14841131416970 ...

**************************************************
ERROR: ERROR: Systemcall: unzip.exe -o -q
d:/OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/solver/680/wntmsci
10.pro/pck/basicsrvdepot.zip -d
/cygdrive/d/temp/instsetunpack_14841131416970/wn
tmsci10.pro/OpenOffice/zipfiles/en-US/00/basicsrvdepot_zip/

in function: resolving_archive_flag
**************************************************

**************************************************
ERROR: Saved logfile:
d:/OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/instsetoo_native/wntmsci10.pro/OpenOff
ice/logging/en-US/log_OOO680__en-US.log
**************************************************
Tue Nov  8 10:29:52 2005 (00:22 min.)
dmake.exe:  Error code 255, while making 'openoffice_en-US'
'---*tg_merge.mk*---'

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making
/cygdrive/d/OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/instsetoo_
native/util

== END ==

I've checked the permission, disk space, etc... and also I found 4NT
does not really
understand /cygdrive/d/... kind of thing?

Any idea?   Many thanks.

Oldfield

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error building windows installation set

Pavel Janík
   From: Oldfield So <[hidden email]>
   Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:12:55 +0800

   > ERROR: Saved logfile:
   > d:/OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/instsetoo_native/wntmsci10.pro/OpenOff
   > ice/logging/en-US/log_OOO680__en-US.log

What is in this file?
--
Pavel Jan?k

Most mangled diffs I get are caused by pine. Fixing pine would do more
wonders than any magical patchbot.
                  -- Alan Cox <[hidden email].> in LKML

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error building windows installation set

Oldfield So
Pavel Jan?k wrote:

>   From: Oldfield So <[hidden email]>
>   Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:12:55 +0800
>
>   > ERROR: Saved logfile:
>   > d:/OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/instsetoo_native/wntmsci10.pro/OpenOff
>   > ice/logging/en-US/log_OOO680__en-US.log
>
>What is in this file?
>  
>
The file is pretty large, I scan through it and found it quite normal
except the last few lines,
which contain exactly the error on the screen which I quoted in the last
email:

Tue Nov  8 10:29:52 2005 (00:22 min.)
######################################################
Files with flag ARCHIVE:
######################################################

Created directory:
/cygdrive/d/temp/instsetunpack_14841131416970/wntmsci10.pro/OpenOffice/zipfiles/en-US/00/

Created directory:
/cygdrive/d/temp/instsetunpack_14841131416970/wntmsci10.pro/OpenOffice/zipfiles/en-US/00/basicsrvdepot_zip/
Systemcall: unzip.exe -l
d:/OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/solver/680/wntmsci10.pro/pck/basicsrvdepot.zip |
Systemcall: unzip.exe -o -q
d:/OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/solver/680/wntmsci10.pro/pck/basicsrvdepot.zip -d
/cygdrive/d/temp/instsetunpack_14841131416970/wntmsci10.pro/OpenOffice/zipfiles/en-US/00/basicsrvdepot_zip/

Removing directory /cygdrive/d/temp/instsetunpack_14841131416970

***************************************************************
ERROR: Systemcall: unzip.exe -o -q
d:/OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/solver/680/wntmsci10.pro/
pck/basicsrvdepot.zip -d
/cygdrive/d/temp/instsetunpack_14841131416970/wntmsci10
.pro/OpenOffice/zipfiles/en-US/00/basicsrvdepot_zip/

in function: resolving_archive_flag
***************************************************************

Any hint?   Thank you for your help.

Oldfield

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error building windows installation set

Volker Quetschke
In reply to this post by Oldfield So
Hi!

> All modules are compiled rather smoothly, finally came to the
> building of installation set, but couldn't resolve the following
> problem:
>
> (snip)
> **************************************************
> ERROR: ERROR: Systemcall: unzip.exe -o -q
> d:/OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/solver/680/wntmsci
> 10.pro/pck/basicsrvdepot.zip -d
> /cygdrive/d/temp/instsetunpack_14841131416970/wn
> tmsci10.pro/OpenOffice/zipfiles/en-US/00/basicsrvdepot_zip/
>
> in function: resolving_archive_flag
> **************************************************
First of all, have a quick look at: <http://tools.openoffice.org#Build>
Especially the part about the build with "- 4nt tools build is currently broken -"
should give you a hunch that you are heavily on your own if you try to
build with 4nt.

Having said this I must say that I tried to fix the W32-4nt build before
2.0.0 was released and I thought it should work.

I guess you are using the native W32 unzip.exe.

Can you try the following: Use the native W32 zip.exe, like mentioned in the
4nt build instructions, but use the unzip.exe from the cygwin unzip package.

This might help, please report back.

Volker

--
If you like my work consider:  http://www.scytek.de/donations.html
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error building windows installation set

Oldfield So
Hi Volker,

> First of all, have a quick look at: <http://tools.openoffice.org#Build>
> Especially the part about the build with "- 4nt tools build is
> currently broken -"
> should give you a hunch that you are heavily on your own if you try to
> build with 4nt.

I see, I didn't build since SRC680_m33 I believe, so I didn't aware that
4NT is
not supported now, what I have on hand was a built guide based on 4NT for
OOo 2.x... the title is "Building OpenOffice.org 2.x (680er series)
under Windows
with 4NT"...

Sorry for being ignorance...

> Having said this I must say that I tried to fix the W32-4nt build before
> 2.0.0 was released and I thought it should work.
> I guess you are using the native W32 unzip.exe.

Exactly.

> Can you try the following: Use the native W32 zip.exe, like mentioned
> in the
> 4nt build instructions, but use the unzip.exe from the cygwin unzip
> package.
> This might help, please report back.

I change to the cygwin unzip again and the error this time is different,
I hope
that you don't mind me to email me that log file directly instead of to
the dev
list, since it's not too small even gzip'ed.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Oldfield

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error building windows installation set

Volker Quetschke
Hi!

>> First of all, have a quick look at: <http://tools.openoffice.org#Build>
>> Especially the part about the build with "- 4nt tools build is
>> currently broken -"
>> should give you a hunch that you are heavily on your own if you try to
>> build with 4nt.
>
> I see, I didn't build since SRC680_m33 I believe, so I didn't aware that
> 4NT is
> not supported now, what I have on hand was a built guide based on 4NT for
> OOo 2.x... the title is "Building OpenOffice.org 2.x (680er series)
> under Windows
> with 4NT"...
>
> Sorry for being ignorance...
>
>> Having said this I must say that I tried to fix the W32-4nt build before
>> 2.0.0 was released and I thought it should work.
>> I guess you are using the native W32 unzip.exe.
>
> Exactly.
>
>> Can you try the following: Use the native W32 zip.exe, like mentioned
>> in the
>> 4nt build instructions, but use the unzip.exe from the cygwin unzip
>> package.
>> This might help, please report back.
>
> I change to the cygwin unzip again and the error this time is different,
> I hope
> that you don't mind me to email me that log file directly instead of to
> the dev
> list, since it's not too small even gzip'ed.
Actually I do. Please open an issue <http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html>,
choose vq as owner and attach the logfile to that issue.

Did you remove the wntmsci10.pro/ directory in instsetoo_native before
rebuilding? If not, do that first and try to build again.

Volker

--
If you like my work consider:  http://www.scytek.de/donations.html
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error building windows installation set

Oldfield So
Hi,

> Actually I do. Please open an issue
> <http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html>,
> choose vq as owner and attach the logfile to that issue.

It's issue #57716 now, thank you.

>
> Did you remove the wntmsci10.pro/ directory in instsetoo_native before
> rebuilding? If not, do that first and try to build again.

Yes, I did remove that directory everytime when I attempt to rebuild.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Oldfield

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]