Error message input output and will not save documents

Error message input output and will not save documents

Kathi Holmes
I have loaded it several times and I still will not save.  I only get the
error message.  What can I do.

Kathi Holmes

Re: Error message input output and will not save documents

Martin Groenescheij

On 13/8/18 11:49 am, Kathi Holmes wrote:
> I have loaded it several times and I still will not save.

First question: what is "it"?

>   I only get the
> error message.

Second question: what does the error message say?

>   What can I do.

First answer: Be a bit more clear so we can understand your problem

> Kathi Holmes

Re: Error message input output and will not save documents

許哲崇
Maybe it is a good idea to save in your brain, and not your computer.

Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]> 於 2018年8月13日 週一 下午2:29寫道:

> On 13/8/18 11:49 am, Kathi Holmes wrote:
> > I have loaded it several times and I still will not save.
>
> First question: what is "it"?
>
> >   I only get the
> > error message.
>
> Second question: what does the error message say?
>
> >   What can I do.
>
> First answer: Be a bit more clear so we can understand your problem
>

> > Kathi Holmes

Re: Error message input output and will not save documents

Martin Groenescheij
Please reply always to: [hidden email] as this is a mailing
list
As the email address shows we are just users like you who volunteer to
help our fellow users, we are not the developers of the OpenOffice suite.

On 15/8/18 6:57 am, Kathi Holmes wrote:

> Regarding Open Office 4.

OpenOffice 4: What version?

> Did you do something?

How could I have something? I have no access to your system.

> It is now saving.

Happy for you.

> Once before it saved and then quit. History: when I went to save
> documents in open office 4, I got the error message: input/output
> error on saving due to this Open office would not save documents in
> any application.

OK first your document didn't save and now your document is saving, can
you tell us have you done / change anything in between that could have
solved the issue?
The error message said input/output error. Why do you think that problem
is caused by OpenOffice?
Could it be a problem with your Operating system?

> Is this now enough information for you?

It's a lot of words, but not information at all.
Information is when you tell us what Operating system and version you
are running OpenOffice on.
Then OpenOffice 4 had many releases so the version number here should
help as well.
Further OpenOffice has different modules e.g. Writer, Calc, Impress,
Draw and Base so which module had the problem.
You said "I have loaded it several times and it still will not save"
well Loading and Saving are two distinct processes, so the question is
what did you load and what did you try to save, where in the process did
the error occur.

> Kathi
>
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 11:29 PM, Martin Groenescheij
>

>     On 13/8/18 11:49 am, Kathi Holmes wrote:
>
>         I have loaded it several times and I still will not save.
>

>     First question: what is "it"?
>
>           I only get the
>         error message.
>

>     Second question: what does the error message say?
>
>           What can I do.
>

>     First answer: Be a bit more clear so we can understand your problem
>

>         Kathi Holmes

Re: Error message input output and will not save documents

Martin Groenescheij
Why do you reply again to me as I told you to reply to
[hidden email]