Error trying to update database

Dick Hoffman
I'm getting an error when trying to add records to a database that I
built some time ago using a form I built some time ago. The error
message says:
Integrity constraint violation - no parent SYS_FK_123 table:
YearStats in statement {INSERT INTO "CBC_DATA_RECS" ("COUNT_YR",
"PREV_REC_NO", "SPEC_NO", "SPECIES_COUNT) VALUES (?,?,?,?)]
SQL status: 23000
Error code: -177
I used this same form about a year ago to successfully update (add
records to) the database. Only major change since then has been an
upgrade to OOo 3.2.1. Any help would be appreciated.
Dick

Re: Error trying to update database

Dick Hoffman
Dick Hoffman wrote:

> I'm getting an error when trying to add records to a database that I
> built some time ago using a form I built some time ago. The error
> message says:
> Integrity constraint violation - no parent SYS_FK_123 table:
> YearStats in statement {INSERT INTO "CBC_DATA_RECS" ("COUNT_YR",
> "PREV_REC_NO", "SPEC_NO", "SPECIES_COUNT) VALUES (?,?,?,?)]
> SQL status: 23000
> Error code: -177
> I used this same form about a year ago to successfully update (add
> records to) the database. Only major change since then has been an
> upgrade to OOo 3.2.1. Any help would be appreciated.
> Dick
More information after refreshing my memory of what I've done with this
database: The YearStats referred to in the error message is another
Table I defined somewhere along the way last year. It is linked to
CBC_DATA_RECS and I can't get rid of it no matter what I do. I would
just like to remove it since it really isn't a needed part of the database.

Dick Hoffman wrote:

> Dick Hoffman wrote:
>> I'm getting an error when trying to add records to a database that I
>> built some time ago using a form I built some time ago. The error
>> message says:
>> Integrity constraint violation - no parent SYS_FK_123 table:
>> YearStats in statement {INSERT INTO "CBC_DATA_RECS" ("COUNT_YR",
>> "PREV_REC_NO", "SPEC_NO", "SPECIES_COUNT) VALUES (?,?,?,?)]
>> SQL status: 23000
>> Error code: -177
>> I used this same form about a year ago to successfully update (add
>> records to) the database. Only major change since then has been an
>> upgrade to OOo 3.2.1. Any help would be appreciated.
>> Dick
> More information after refreshing my memory of what I've done with this
> database: The YearStats referred to in the error message is another
> Table I defined somewhere along the way last year. It is linked to
> CBC_DATA_RECS and I can't get rid of it no matter what I do. I would
> just like to remove it since it really isn't a needed part of the database.
> Dick
I figured out how to get rid of the YearStats Table:
  Tools > Relationships shows the Tables and their linkages. Right click
on a linkage line allows a Delete. Thanks for all your help.
Dick

Re: Error trying to update database

Fernand Vanrie
Dick,

a first glance there is a double quote missing in      "SPECIES_COUNT)
i supose you just copied the error message ?

further remark : is there something wrong with  your table "YearStats"
(missing column ???) who prevents updating your table "CBC_DATA_RECS"

hop it hels a bit

Fernand

> I'm getting an error when trying to add records to a database that I
> built some time ago using a form I built some time ago. The error
> message says:
> Integrity constraint violation - no parent SYS_FK_123 table:
> YearStats in statement {INSERT INTO "CBC_DATA_RECS" ("COUNT_YR",
> "PREV_REC_NO", "SPEC_NO", "SPECIES_COUNT) VALUES (?,?,?,?)]
> SQL status: 23000
> Error code: -177
> I used this same form about a year ago to successfully update (add
> records to) the database. Only major change since then has been an
> upgrade to OOo 3.2.1. Any help would be appreciated.
> Dick

Re: Error trying to update database

Reizinger Zoltán
Upgrade to OOo 3.3
Zoltan
2011.01.27. 21:49 keltezéssel, Dick Hoffman írta:

> I'm getting an error when trying to add records to a database that I
> built some time ago using a form I built some time ago. The error
> message says:
> Integrity constraint violation - no parent SYS_FK_123 table:
> YearStats in statement {INSERT INTO "CBC_DATA_RECS" ("COUNT_YR",
> "PREV_REC_NO", "SPEC_NO", "SPECIES_COUNT) VALUES (?,?,?,?)]
> SQL status: 23000
> Error code: -177
> I used this same form about a year ago to successfully update (add
> records to) the database. Only major change since then has been an
> upgrade to OOo 3.2.1. Any help would be appreciated.
> Dick

Re: Error trying to update database - OT

Dick Hoffman
Reizinger Zoltán wrote:

> Upgrade to OOo 3.3
> Zoltan
> 2011.01.27. 21:49 keltezéssel, Dick Hoffman írta:
>> I'm getting an error when trying to add records to a database that I
>> built some time ago using a form I built some time ago. The error
>> message says:
>> Integrity constraint violation - no parent SYS_FK_123 table:
>> YearStats in statement {INSERT INTO "CBC_DATA_RECS" ("COUNT_YR",
>> "PREV_REC_NO", "SPEC_NO", "SPECIES_COUNT) VALUES (?,?,?,?)]
>> SQL status: 23000
>> Error code: -177
>> I used this same form about a year ago to successfully update (add
>> records to) the database. Only major change since then has been an
>> upgrade to OOo 3.2.1. Any help would be appreciated.
>> Dick

My understanding of OOo 3.3 is that it's still in RC status, not yet
available as a full release. I'll stay with 3.2 for the time being. The
problem I had was my doing, not OOo's - see my previous post.
Dick

Re: Error trying to update database - OT

Reizinger Zoltán
OOo 3.3 released:
http://www.openoffice.org/index.html

Reizinger Zoltán wrote:

> OOo 3.3 released:
> http://www.openoffice.org/index.html
> 2011.01.28. 19:54 keltezéssel, Dick Hoffman írta:
>> Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
>>> Upgrade to OOo 3.3
>>> Zoltan

>> My understanding of OOo 3.3 is that it's still in RC status, not yet
>> available as a full release. I'll stay with 3.2 for the time being.
>> The problem I had was my doing, not OOo's - see my previous post.
>> Dick

Thanks, somehow I missed that announcement.
Dick