Error when trying to publish template

Steven
Hi, I'm trying to upload a template in MLA format for high-school and college students to write their papers, but I keep getting this error message:

Help would be appreciated.😊

Re: Error when trying to publish template

Keith N. McKenna
On 2/12/2017 4:21 AM, Steven wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to upload a template in MLA format for high-school and
> college students to write their papers, but I keep getting this error
> message:
>
> Inline image 1
>
> Help would be appreciated.😊
Steven;

The mailing list management software strips all attachments sent to the
list. Because of this the screenshot of the error message is not
available to the list. If you could upload it to the web ans sent a link
for it to the list we should be better able to assist you.

If this is not possible, could you put just the text of the error into a
reply to the list.

Regards
Keith N. McKenna

Re: Error when trying to publish template

Brian Barker

At 00:36 13/02/2017 -0500, Steven Noname wrote:
>it says this:
>"Error in parsing ODF file: the _title_ property could not be found
>or is empty."

Go to File | Properties... | Description. You will see a Title field
there, where you can give your document file a title. This is not a
visible part of the document text, of course. It is useful to give
your documents titles, if only because these are carried over into
exported PDF versions and may become the document title shown by PDF readers.

Is it possible that what you are doing with your template file
requires there to be an explicit title?

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Error when trying to publish template

Andrea Pescetti-2
Brian Barker wrote:
>> "Error in parsing ODF file: the _title_ property could not be found or
>> is empty."
> Go to File | Properties... | Description. You will see a Title field
> there, where you can give your document file a title. ...
> Is it possible that what you are doing with your template file requires
> there to be an explicit title?

Since he is trying to upload it to http://templates.openoffice.org/ an
explicit title is required, and expected to be set the way Brian
described. See http://templates.openoffice.org/en/template/guide item 3
for details.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Error when trying to publish template

Steven
Thank you for the help