Excel

Michael Lass

Sent from my iPad     Please help me get Excel hooked up to my I pad or is this possible?
Thank you very much !

Re: Excel

David Robley
This mail list is for support for Apache OpenOffice. A quick web search
suggests there is a version of Excel for IPad; perhaps look on the App
Store.

On 10/08/18 11:22, Michael Lass wrote:

> Sent from my iPad     Please help me get Excel hooked up to my I pad or is this possible?
> Thank you very much !

Cheers
--
David Robley

If at first you don't succeed, then Sky Diving is not for you!

Re: Excel

Andrew Pitonyak

My assumption is that you are not really asking how to install Excel,
since that is a Microsoft product and this is a mailing list for
OpenOffice products... I assume, therefore, that you desire to install
Apache OpenOffice and that you desire to use Calc.

The only answer as of now assumes that you really want to install Excel
and says "sorry, we do not support that here".

So, despite the fact that I rarely use apple products, and most of my
interactions with iPads and iPhones have been very negative, perhaps I
should answer.

If you look here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8198018

It states that the only way to install apps on your pad is to use the
App store and that neither OpenOffice nor LibreOffice are on the app
store.

If you really do want excel:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-excel/id586683407?mt=8

There is apparently another app called "Numbers" that is well rated,
but I did not look into it.

On 2018-08-09 21:52, Michael Lass wrote:
> Sent from my iPad     Please help me get Excel hooked up to my I pad
> or is this possible?
> Thank you very much !

Re: Excel

Matthias Seidel
Am 10.08.2018 um 15:52 schrieb Andrew Pitonyak:

> My assumption is that you are not really asking how to install Excel,
> since that is a Microsoft product and this is a mailing list for
> OpenOffice products... I assume, therefore, that you desire to install
> Apache OpenOffice and that you desire to use Calc.
>
> The only answer as of now assumes that you really want to install
> Excel and says "sorry, we do not support that here".
>
> So, despite the fact that I rarely use apple products, and most of my
> interactions with iPads and iPhones have been very negative, perhaps I
> should answer.
>
> If you look here:
>
> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8198018
>
> It states that the only way to install apps on your pad is to use the
> App store and that neither OpenOffice nor LibreOffice are on the app
> store.
He could install Office 700, which is an OpenOffice port for iOS.

There is a free edition (Lite):
https://itunes.apple.com/app/office-700-lite/id1177936371?mt=8

and a payed version for $3,99:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/office-700/id1097657424?mt=8

These ports are from the same guy who makes AndrOpen Office for Android.

Regards,
   Matthias

> If you really do want excel:
>
> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-excel/id586683407?mt=8
>
> There is apparently another app called "Numbers" that is well rated,
> but I did not look into it.
>

> On 2018-08-09 21:52, Michael Lass wrote:
>> Sent from my iPad     Please help me get Excel hooked up to my I pad
>> or is this possible?
>> Thank you very much !

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Excel

David Belina
Excel for an iPad requires a subscription to Microsoft Office 360.