Exporting userdefined fields to pdf

george mcquade-2
Hello and Happy Holidays to All,

We have a collection of OpenOffice documents most of them using
userdefined fields, for example:

Dear FIRSTNAME LASTNAME,....

After trying OO 2.0 PDF export, we noticed that the value inside the
userdefined fields is what gets exported, instead of the actual field,
it seems the fields get lost during pdf export. Therefore the pdf
documents cannot be mailmerged from within our Java application.

Is there someway to have OO save the OO userdefined fields as pdf
fields so that mailmerge can continue on the exported pdf documents?

george

Re: Exporting userdefined fields to pdf

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 16:43 +0000, george mcquade wrote:

> Hello and Happy Holidays to All,
>
> We have a collection of OpenOffice documents most of them using
> userdefined fields, for example:
>
> Dear FIRSTNAME LASTNAME,....
>
> After trying OO 2.0 PDF export, we noticed that the value inside the
> userdefined fields is what gets exported, instead of the actual field,
> it seems the fields get lost during pdf export. Therefore the pdf
> documents cannot be mailmerged from within our Java application.
>
> Is there someway to have OO save the OO userdefined fields as pdf
> fields so that mailmerge can continue on the exported pdf documents?

Have you disabled View > Field names before exporting? Try it.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead