Extension to integrate Thesarus features with contextmenu

Extension to integrate Thesarus features with contextmenu

Joel Cordeiro-2
Hi there,

i'm making a extension to integrate thesaurus features (synonyms) with the context menu, as happens in Microsoft Office. I would like to ask you for suggestions about how it should appear in the context menu. I sent in attach some possibilities. For know i see three possibilities: all synonyms added to the context menu root; a menu entry "Synonym", that contains a submenu with the meanings followed by the synonyms, or all meanings added to the context menu root, each with a submenu with their synonyms.

I would like too to ask how i put the entry menu items with bold, or change other things related with font style. Other question is how i put a menu item in agree with the language of the OpenOffice installation (as it is in english it should appear a menu item "Synonyms", if in portuguese it should appear "SinĂ³nimos").

Regards,
Joel Filipe Antunes Cordeiro

Re: Extension to integrate Thesarus features with contextmenu

SeiKeinFrosch
Hi Joel,

thank you for your mail. As far as I know, the UI project focuses on the
technical side of UI realization. Therefore I propose that you resend
this question to the User Experience team mailing list "ux-discuss".

The following link lists all the information how to join this team
(joining  makes it easier for the administrators because they do not
need to manually administer emails from unknown users to the list):
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User_Experience/Community/How_To_Join

Anyway, the mailing system does filter all attachments, which means that
I didn't get your documents. Therefore I would like to ask you whether
you may provide these documents (graphics?) in the OpenOffice.org wiki
or elsewhere in the web.

Have a nice day,
Christoph

Am Samstag, den 18.10.2008, 17:21 +0200 schrieb Joel Cordeiro:

> Hi there,
>
> i'm making a extension to integrate thesaurus features (synonyms) with
> the context menu, as happens in Microsoft Office. I would like to ask
> you for suggestions about how it should appear in the context menu. I
> sent in attach some possibilities. For know i see three possibilities:
> all synonyms added to the context menu root; a menu entry "Synonym",
> that contains a submenu with the meanings followed by the synonyms, or
> all meanings added to the context menu root, each with a submenu with
> their synonyms.
[...]

--
Usability * Productivity * Enjoyment