External dependencies

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

In main/external_deps.lst we define
https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/ as fallback for
a lot of files.
However, most of them were never uploaded (after updating the
dependencies in source).

Can someone with the appropriate rights please do so?

Thanks!

Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: External dependencies

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 25/01/2020 Matthias Seidel wrote:
> In main/external_deps.lst we define
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/ as fallback for
> a lot of files.
> However, most of them were never uploaded (after updating the
> dependencies in source).
> Can someone with the appropriate rights please do so?

After some realignment, I was now able to get a copy of the existing
files via rsync and I confirm I have enough privileges to add new ones,
together with other people listed at

https://sourceforge.net/mirror/oooextras/_members/

I've only added the latest file (curl 7.66) for the time being.

What do we want to reach? Shall I, for example, go through all changes
to external_deps.lst across all AOO41x branches (and their history) so
that we can ensure that we can bootstrap any old 4.1.x versions and
intermediate states of code?

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: External dependencies

Kay Schenk-2

On 1/26/20 11:01 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 25/01/2020 Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> In main/external_deps.lst we define
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/ as fallback for
>> a lot of files.
>> However, most of them were never uploaded (after updating the
>> dependencies in source).
>> Can someone with the appropriate rights please do so?
>
> After some realignment, I was now able to get a copy of the existing
> files via rsync and I confirm I have enough privileges to add new
> ones, together with other people listed at
>
> https://sourceforge.net/mirror/oooextras/_members/
>
> I've only added the latest file (curl 7.66) for the time being.
>
> What do we want to reach? Shall I, for example, go through all changes
> to external_deps.lst across all AOO41x branches (and their history) so
> that we can ensure that we can bootstrap any old 4.1.x versions and
> intermediate states of code?
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Just a quick FYI. My id, "kschenk", is listed as "developer" but I no
longer seem to have access to site capablities which let me delete or
add files near as I can determine although at one time I COULD do this.
Could be my browser settings I don't know. Fro the time being maybe only
admins can make these kinds of changes.

-- Kay

Re: External dependencies

Andrea Pescetti-2
Kay Schenk wrote:
>> https://sourceforge.net/mirror/oooextras/_members/
> Just a quick FYI. My id, "kschenk", is listed as "developer" but I no
> longer seem to have access to site capablities which let me delete or
> add files near as I can determine although at one time I COULD do this.
> Could be my browser settings I don't know. Fro the time being maybe only
> admins can make these kinds of changes.

Possibly. From the audit trail it seems I removed your admin privileges
in 2016. I can add you back as an admin and move to ordinary members (no
special privileges) those who retired in the meantime (orcmid and the
editor account). Shall I proceed? It is very easy to revert in case.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: External dependencies

Marcus (OOo)

> Kay Schenk wrote:
>>> https://sourceforge.net/mirror/oooextras/_members/
>> Just a quick FYI. My id, "kschenk", is listed as "developer" but I no
>> longer seem to have access to site capablities which let me delete or
>> add files near as I can determine although at one time I COULD do
>> this. Could be my browser settings I don't know. Fro the time being
>> maybe only admins can make these kinds of changes.
>
> Possibly. From the audit trail it seems I removed your admin privileges
> in 2016. I can add you back as an admin and move to ordinary members (no
> special privileges) those who retired in the meantime (orcmid and the
> editor account). Shall I proceed? It is very easy to revert in case.

I see no problem to re-enable Kay's account.

Marcus

Re: External dependencies

Kay Schenk-2

On 1/27/20 2:28 PM, Marcus wrote:

>>> Just a quick FYI. My id, "kschenk", is listed as "developer" but I
>>> no longer seem to have access to site capablities which let me
>>> delete or add files near as I can determine although at one time I
>>> COULD do this. Could be my browser settings I don't know. Fro the
>>> time being maybe only admins can make these kinds of changes.
>>
>> Possibly. From the audit trail it seems I removed your admin
>> privileges in 2016. I can add you back as an admin and move to
>> ordinary members (no special privileges) those who retired in the
>> meantime (orcmid and the editor account). Shall I proceed? It is very
>> easy to revert in case.
>
> I see no problem to re-enable Kay's account.
>
> Marcus

Hi again--

It would be nice to re-enable "admin" for me ... just in case the need
arises. Thanks.

Re: External dependencies

Jim Jagielski
+1

> On Jan 27, 2020, at 6:57 PM, Kay Schenk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 1/27/20 2:28 PM, Marcus wrote:
>>>
>>> Possibly. From the audit trail it seems I removed your admin privileges in 2016. I can add you back as an admin and move to ordinary members (no special privileges) those who retired in the meantime (orcmid and the editor account). Shall I proceed? It is very easy to revert in case.
>>
>> I see no problem to re-enable Kay's account.
>>
>> Marcus
>
> Hi again--
>
> It would be nice to re-enable "admin" for me ... just in case the need arises. Thanks.

> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: External dependencies

Andrea Pescetti-2
Kay Schenk wrote:
> It would be nice to re-enable "admin" for me ... just in case the need
> arises.

Done. Updated list of admins and non-admins at
https://sourceforge.net/mirror/oooextras/_members/

...and now we should go back to adding some of the files Matthias
mentioned! I'll keep you posted about new files I add.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: External dependencies

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

> Kay Schenk wrote:
>> It would be nice to re-enable "admin" for me ... just in case the
>> need arises.
>
> Done. Updated list of admins and non-admins at
> https://sourceforge.net/mirror/oooextras/_members/
>
> ...and now we should go back to adding some of the files Matthias
> mentioned! I'll keep you posted about new files I add.

Thanks!

If you like, you can add me as admin, too.

Regards,

   Matthias

On 1/28/20 9:21 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Kay Schenk wrote:
>> It would be nice to re-enable "admin" for me ... just in case the
>> need arises.
>
> Done. Updated list of admins and non-admins at
> https://sourceforge.net/mirror/oooextras/_members/
>
> ...and now we should go back to adding some of the files Matthias
> mentioned! I'll keep you posted about new files I add.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Thanks Andrea. I just checked and it now seems I'll be able to add and
delete files.

-- Kay

Re: External dependencies

Andrea Pescetti-2
Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Am 28.01.20 um 18:21 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> Done. Updated list of admins and non-admins at
>> https://sourceforge.net/mirror/oooextras/_members/
>> ...and now we should go back to adding some of the files Matthias
>> mentioned! I'll keep you posted about new files I add.

I've added all new files that had been changed in the OpenOffice 4.1.x
releases starting with the AOO410 branch creation. Full list:

1d8728eb0dfcac72a0fd99c17ec7f386-Python-2.7.6.tgz
2e482c7567908d334785ce7d69ddfff7-commons-codec-1.6-src.tar.gz
4762f41ef0dba751d1c7a3060a1c6ec6-curl-7.61.1.tar.gz
625ff5f2f968dd908bca43c9469d6e6b-commons-lang-2.4-src.tar.gz
6334b666b7ff2038c761d7b27ba699c1-Python-2.7.5.tar.bz2
875a2c2ff3e8eb9e5a5cd62db2033ab5-expat-2.2.9.tar.bz2
8cb2898a9adc106075ac3cdc2b965bf6-curl-7.66.0.tar.gz
c813c065dd53d7bd0a560a870ddd0af5-openssl-0.9.8zh.tar.gz
d9c3baeab58774cefc2f04faf29f2cf8-expat-2.2.1.tar.bz2
e4244e69eb3644e71c254aea5952a918-apache-rat-incubating-0.8-bin.tar.bz2
f053af63ef5f39bd9b78d01fbc203334-expat-2.2.3.tar.bz2

(some of them were explicitly noted as missing in the AOO418 branch, so
I rectified this too)

> If you like, you can add me as admin, too.

I'll need your SF account, then I can surely add you too.

> [Kay] I just checked and it now seems I'll be able to add and delete files

Perfect. Just a note: we never delete files from there, as this is meant
to be a fallback copy. So, if I want to build the old OpenOffice 4.1.0,
I can assume that all the (old) dependencies I need will be in that
repository. The write permission does not distinguish between adding and
deleting, just we never delete as a policy.

One thing that is still left to do, since I worked with git diffs, would
be to actually check that we do have all dependencies needed to build
the current AOO418 branch (and then trunk). I don't have time for this
right now, but it is not particularly complex to test and I can do it
the next time I build 4.1.x.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: External dependencies

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

> Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Am 28.01.20 um 18:21 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>>> Done. Updated list of admins and non-admins at
>>> https://sourceforge.net/mirror/oooextras/_members/
>>> ...and now we should go back to adding some of the files Matthias
>>> mentioned! I'll keep you posted about new files I add.
>
> I've added all new files that had been changed in the OpenOffice 4.1.x
> releases starting with the AOO410 branch creation. Full list:
>
> 1d8728eb0dfcac72a0fd99c17ec7f386-Python-2.7.6.tgz
> 2e482c7567908d334785ce7d69ddfff7-commons-codec-1.6-src.tar.gz
> 4762f41ef0dba751d1c7a3060a1c6ec6-curl-7.61.1.tar.gz
> 625ff5f2f968dd908bca43c9469d6e6b-commons-lang-2.4-src.tar.gz
> 6334b666b7ff2038c761d7b27ba699c1-Python-2.7.5.tar.bz2
> 875a2c2ff3e8eb9e5a5cd62db2033ab5-expat-2.2.9.tar.bz2
> 8cb2898a9adc106075ac3cdc2b965bf6-curl-7.66.0.tar.gz
> c813c065dd53d7bd0a560a870ddd0af5-openssl-0.9.8zh.tar.gz
> d9c3baeab58774cefc2f04faf29f2cf8-expat-2.2.1.tar.bz2
> e4244e69eb3644e71c254aea5952a918-apache-rat-incubating-0.8-bin.tar.bz2
> f053af63ef5f39bd9b78d01fbc203334-expat-2.2.3.tar.bz2
>
> (some of them were explicitly noted as missing in the AOO418 branch,
> so I rectified this too)
Thanks for that!

>> If you like, you can add me as admin, too.
>
> I'll need your SF account, then I can surely add you too.

This should be:  seidelm

Regards,

   Matthias

Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Am 28.01.20 um 23:44 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> I've added all new files that had been changed in the OpenOffice 4.1.x
>> releases starting with the AOO410 branch creation. Full list:
>> 1d8728eb0dfcac72a0fd99c17ec7f386-Python-2.7.6.tgz

Note that for some reason

https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/

does not show any of the files I added this week.

But we cannot fix SourceForge bugs, so I'll just note that

$ wget
https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/1d8728eb0dfcac72a0fd99c17ec7f386-Python-2.7.6.tgz

works as expected even though the file is not listed.

>> I'll need your SF account, then I can surely add you too.
> This should be:  seidelm

Done.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: External dependencies

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

> Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Am 28.01.20 um 23:44 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>>> I've added all new files that had been changed in the OpenOffice 4.1.x
>>> releases starting with the AOO410 branch creation. Full list:
>>> 1d8728eb0dfcac72a0fd99c17ec7f386-Python-2.7.6.tgz
>
> Note that for some reason
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/
>
> does not show any of the files I added this week.
>
> But we cannot fix SourceForge bugs, so I'll just note that
>
> $ wget
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/1d8728eb0dfcac72a0fd99c17ec7f386-Python-2.7.6.tgz
>
> works as expected even though the file is not listed.
I can see e.g. 875a2c2ff3e8eb9e5a5cd62db2033ab5-expat-2.2.9.tar.bz2 so
it might be a problem with your browser cache?

>>> I'll need your SF account, then I can surely add you too.
>> This should be:  seidelm
>
> Done.

Thanks!

Matthias

Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/
> I can see e.g. 875a2c2ff3e8eb9e5a5cd62db2033ab5-expat-2.2.9.tar.bz2 so
> it might be a problem with your browser cache?

Possibly. Or in any case, it is working for me too now.

Regards,
   Andrea.