F3

Patricia-2
I've set up auto text -  but on my Mac,
F3 opens Mission Control.

How can I get Autotext to function ???

Thanks.

Re: F3

Martin Groenescheij

On 08/06/17 7:12 PM, Patricia wrote:
> I've set up auto text -  but on my Mac,
> F3 opens Mission Control.
>
> How can I get Autotext to function ???

If the F3 is used by your Operating System, you can assign and other Key.
Go to Tools -> Customize Click on Keyboard and assign Autotext to an
other Key or Key Combination e.g. Cntr+F3
OK you need to remember the changes as the Help file still refer to F3

> Thanks.

Re: F3 on mac

Julian Thomas
The defaults for the F keys are things like audio control, mission control, etc. To make f3 function as an F key, hold down the Function key at the same time. There's also a system setting that reverses this behavior.

Sent from JT's iMini - using voice dictation!

> On Jun 8, 2017, at 05:12, Patricia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've set up auto text -  but on my Mac,
> F3 opens Mission Control.
>
> How can I get Autotext to function ???
>
> Thanks.

Re: F3

Patricia-2
Thank you ...

I just tried it - modified to  shift+F7
But it does nothing
Tried it with ctrl7 but again nothing.
I'm using OO 4.1.2 - could that be a problem ?

Appreciate you help.

Patricia.