FORMULA PROBLEMS READING EXCEL FILES

Donald McLean
Hi, Good folks at Apache, I’m having trouble that a formula [ =IF(B1<0, "-",SUM(A1-B1)) ] which works fine in Excel, translates as an Error 509 whatever that is. In trying to correct it I find that Apache OneOffice on a Mac won’t process the maths concept < or > any number, e.g. =IF ( b1<0, 3,4) won’t evaluate - I get the error ERROR 508. Can you please help, Kind Regards Don McLean

Re: FORMULA PROBLEMS READING EXCEL FILES

Peter Kovacs-3
Hi Don,

I tried your formulas in excel and it was not accepted.
I suggest to replace "," with ";" and if you use < or > you need to give values on both sides.
Example for working functions in excel and in OpenOffice :
=IF(B1<0;"-";A1-B1)
=IF(b1<0;3;4)

Btw it is Apache OpenOffice. ;)

Hth