FOSDEM 2021 Apache OpenOffice devroom (online)

FOSDEM 2021 Apache OpenOffice devroom (online)

Andrea Pescetti-2
Good news: FOSDEM organizers decided to allocate an entire day for
Apache OpenOffice next year.

https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/tracks/

It is now tentatively scheduled for February 6th, online, free
attendance; talks will have to be pre-recorded.

I see this as an opportunity for a larger-than-usual gathering, since
it's online and everybody will be able to attend and talk. An own
devroom means an entire day available for Apache OpenOffice talks, so it
will be an occasion for many people to speak and I encourage everybody
to apply (a call for talks is coming by next weekend).

Of course I had restated the availability for a shared Open Document
Editors devroom, but apparently the logistics this year allowed
organizers to give us a dedicated event.

More news as soon as FOSDEM organizers distribute them.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: FOSDEM 2021 Apache OpenOffice devroom (online)

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

That's great news!

Matthias

> Good news: FOSDEM organizers decided to allocate an entire day for
> Apache OpenOffice next year.
>
> https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/tracks/
>
> It is now tentatively scheduled for February 6th, online, free
> attendance; talks will have to be pre-recorded.
>
> I see this as an opportunity for a larger-than-usual gathering, since
> it's online and everybody will be able to attend and talk. An own
> devroom means an entire day available for Apache OpenOffice talks, so
> it will be an occasion for many people to speak and I encourage
> everybody to apply (a call for talks is coming by next weekend).
>
> Of course I had restated the availability for a shared Open Document
> Editors devroom, but apparently the logistics this year allowed
> organizers to give us a dedicated event.
>
> More news as soon as FOSDEM organizers distribute them.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: FOSDEM 2021 Apache OpenOffice devroom (online)

Mechtilde Stehmann-2

For the second day, I propose to arrange an opportunity to invite people
to a conversation as at a booth.

We can use the video conference room as we did for the anniversary.

Regards

Mechtilde

> Good news: FOSDEM organizers decided to allocate an entire day for
> Apache OpenOffice next year.
>
> https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/tracks/
>
> It is now tentatively scheduled for February 6th, online, free
> attendance; talks will have to be pre-recorded.
>
> I see this as an opportunity for a larger-than-usual gathering, since
> it's online and everybody will be able to attend and talk. An own
> devroom means an entire day available for Apache OpenOffice talks, so it
> will be an occasion for many people to speak and I encourage everybody
> to apply (a call for talks is coming by next weekend).
>
> Of course I had restated the availability for a shared Open Document
> Editors devroom, but apparently the logistics this year allowed
> organizers to give us a dedicated event.
>
> More news as soon as FOSDEM organizers distribute them.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows und OS/2
## Debian Developer
## PGP encryption welcome