Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Peter Kovacs-2
Hello all,

what should I give for an answer?

The person lives in california, in case somebody wants to talk.

All the Best

Peter

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Matthias Seidel
Hi Peter,

what does he want?

Commit to the project? A personal meeting? Sell us something?

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 07.02.20 um 16:03 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

> Hello all,
>
> what should I give for an answer?
>
> The person lives in california, in case somebody wants to talk.
>

> All the Best
>
> Peter

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Dave Fisher-2
Or - fund something?

If they are serious, I’m in CA and would start a direct communication.

Regards,
Dave

> On Feb 7, 2020, at 10:42 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> what does he want?
>
> Commit to the project? A personal meeting? Sell us something?
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> Am 07.02.20 um 16:03 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> what should I give for an answer?
>>
>> The person lives in california, in case somebody wants to talk.
>>

>> All the Best
>>
>> Peter

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Peter Kovacs-3
Hi Matthias,

My understanding is he wants to meet someone and present his Idea.

I am not sure he is informed what this project is or what the ASF is.

Maybe the perception in the US is different. Maybe he should give more
information on dev or private?

And maybe I give him some links to inform him who he has contacted?

I have no clue how I should react on this proposal. For me Facebook is
not a business channel.

All the best

Peter

On 07.02.20 16:42, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> what does he want?
>
> Commit to the project? A personal meeting? Sell us something?
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> Am 07.02.20 um 16:03 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> what should I give for an answer?
>>
>> The person lives in california, in case somebody wants to talk.
>>

>> All the Best
>>
>> Peter

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Patricia Shanahan
Can you post a link or something? I have no context.

On 2/7/2020 7:03 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> what should I give for an answer?
>
> The person lives in california, in case somebody wants to talk.
>

> All the Best
>
> Peter

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Peter Kovacs-3
I am sorry. Facebook does not allow external links. If you have a
Facebook acount you can see it in the vistor section

I think it is public. Or I invite you to the facebook site. He posted a
message on our Apache OpenOffice board. People

usually write how much they love / hate our Software or ask for help.

The message he has placed is in the subject. I have asked him where he
lives, and he answered CA, but he is flexible. That is all communication
right now.

Since I answer as AOO, I did not further Chitchat.

He seems to be a older respectable US Citizen. A patriot to his country.
He seem not to use Facebook a lot. So I would not say he writes random
comments.

I am curious what his Idea is. But in our definition of serious I would
not expect this will be something major. But you never know. People are
awesome and full of surprises. ;)

My Ideas are:

1) Dave could arrange for the meeting. Is this interesting enough for you?

2) I can chitchat try to get more information, what he wants.

3) I could guide him to private or dev for introduction. And then we
take next steps.

all the best

Peter

On 07.02.20 17:32, Patricia Shanahan wrote:

> Can you post a link or something? I have no context.
>
> On 2/7/2020 7:03 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> what should I give for an answer?
>>
>> The person lives in california, in case somebody wants to talk.
>>

>> All the Best
>>
>> Peter

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Dave Fisher-2
I went to FB and couldn’t find it.

Screenshot?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 7, 2020, at 12:00 PM, Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am sorry. Facebook does not allow external links. If you have a
> Facebook acount you can see it in the vistor section
>
> I think it is public. Or I invite you to the facebook site. He posted a
> message on our Apache OpenOffice board. People
>
> usually write how much they love / hate our Software or ask for help.
>
> The message he has placed is in the subject. I have asked him where he
> lives, and he answered CA, but he is flexible. That is all communication
> right now.
>
> Since I answer as AOO, I did not further Chitchat.
>
> He seems to be a older respectable US Citizen. A patriot to his country.
> He seem not to use Facebook a lot. So I would not say he writes random
> comments.
>
> I am curious what his Idea is. But in our definition of serious I would
> not expect this will be something major. But you never know. People are
> awesome and full of surprises. ;)
>

> My Ideas are:
>
> 1) Dave could arrange for the meeting. Is this interesting enough for you?
>
> 2) I can chitchat try to get more information, what he wants.
>
> 3) I could guide him to private or dev for introduction. And then we
> take next steps.
>
> all the best
>
> Peter
>

>> On 07.02.20 17:32, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> Can you post a link or something? I have no context.
>>
>>> On 2/7/2020 7:03 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> what should I give for an answer?
>>>
>>> The person lives in california, in case somebody wants to talk.
>>>

>>> All the Best
>>>
>>> Peter

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Patricia Shanahan
How about a link to the group or page?

Any idea whereabouts in California? I live in San Diego county, at the
south end, and there are places in California that are hundreds of miles
from my home.

On 2/7/2020 9:00 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:

> I am sorry. Facebook does not allow external links. If you have a
> Facebook acount you can see it in the vistor section
>
> I think it is public. Or I invite you to the facebook site. He posted a
> message on our Apache OpenOffice board. People
>
> usually write how much they love / hate our Software or ask for help.
>
> The message he has placed is in the subject. I have asked him where he
> lives, and he answered CA, but he is flexible. That is all communication
> right now.
>
> Since I answer as AOO, I did not further Chitchat.
>
> He seems to be a older respectable US Citizen. A patriot to his country.
> He seem not to use Facebook a lot. So I would not say he writes random
> comments.
>
> I am curious what his Idea is. But in our definition of serious I would
> not expect this will be something major. But you never know. People are
> awesome and full of surprises. ;)
>

> My Ideas are:
>
> 1) Dave could arrange for the meeting. Is this interesting enough for you?
>
> 2) I can chitchat try to get more information, what he wants.
>
> 3) I could guide him to private or dev for introduction. And then we
> take next steps.
>
> all the best
>
> Peter
>

> On 07.02.20 17:32, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> Can you post a link or something? I have no context.
>>
>> On 2/7/2020 7:03 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> what should I give for an answer?
>>>
>>> The person lives in california, in case somebody wants to talk.
>>>

>>> All the Best
>>>
>>> Peter

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Dave Fisher-2
Hi -

> On Feb 7, 2020, at 12:50 PM, Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> How about a link to the group or page?
>
> Any idea whereabouts in California? I live in San Diego county, at the south end, and there are places in California that are hundreds of miles from my home.

I’m 90 miles north of San Francisco about 700 miles (1100 km) from San Diego which is roughly the distance between Berlin and Paris.

Feel free to pass me the contact information and I’ll follow up next week.

Regards,
Dave

> On 2/7/2020 9:00 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> I am sorry. Facebook does not allow external links. If you have a
>> Facebook acount you can see it in the vistor section
>> I think it is public. Or I invite you to the facebook site. He posted a
>> message on our Apache OpenOffice board. People
>> usually write how much they love / hate our Software or ask for help.
>> The message he has placed is in the subject. I have asked him where he
>> lives, and he answered CA, but he is flexible. That is all communication
>> right now.
>> Since I answer as AOO, I did not further Chitchat.
>> He seems to be a older respectable US Citizen. A patriot to his country.
>> He seem not to use Facebook a lot. So I would not say he writes random
>> comments.
>> I am curious what his Idea is. But in our definition of serious I would
>> not expect this will be something major. But you never know. People are
>> awesome and full of surprises. ;)
>> My Ideas are:
>> 1) Dave could arrange for the meeting. Is this interesting enough for you?
>> 2) I can chitchat try to get more information, what he wants.
>> 3) I could guide him to private or dev for introduction. And then we
>> take next steps.
>> all the best
>> Peter
>> On 07.02.20 17:32, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>>> Can you post a link or something? I have no context.

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Peter Kovacs-3
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2835088696549989&id=185963401462545

Strange through my phone I can link. Facebook is a really strange application.
Please have a go.

All the best
Peter

Am 7. Februar 2020 18:50:08 MEZ schrieb Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]>:

>How about a link to the group or page?
>
>Any idea whereabouts in California? I live in San Diego county, at the
>south end, and there are places in California that are hundreds of
>miles
>from my home.
>
>On 2/7/2020 9:00 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> I am sorry. Facebook does not allow external links. If you have a
>> Facebook acount you can see it in the vistor section
>>
>> I think it is public. Or I invite you to the facebook site. He posted
>> message on our Apache OpenOffice board. People
>>
>> usually write how much they love / hate our Software or ask for help.
>>
>> The message he has placed is in the subject. I have asked him where
>he
>> lives, and he answered CA, but he is flexible. That is all
>communication
>> right now.
>>
>> Since I answer as AOO, I did not further Chitchat.
>>
>> He seems to be a older respectable US Citizen. A patriot to his
>country.
>> He seem not to use Facebook a lot. So I would not say he writes
>random
>> comments.
>>
>> I am curious what his Idea is. But in our definition of serious I
>would
>> not expect this will be something major. But you never know. People
>are
>> awesome and full of surprises. ;)
>>

>> My Ideas are:
>>
>> 1) Dave could arrange for the meeting. Is this interesting enough for
>you?
>>
>> 2) I can chitchat try to get more information, what he wants.
>>
>> 3) I could guide him to private or dev for introduction. And then we
>> take next steps.
>>
>> all the best
>>
>> Peter
>>

>> On 07.02.20 17:32, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>>> Can you post a link or something? I have no context.

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

F Campos Costero
I went to https://www.facebook.com/pg/ApacheOO/posts/ and found the post by
Thomas Reid from Feb. 1. The message is fully quoted in the title of this
thread, so there is no more to learn from the post.
Francis

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 10:59 AM Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2835088696549989&id=185963401462545
>
> Strange through my phone I can link. Facebook is a really strange
> application.
> Please have a go.
>
> All the best
> Peter
>
> Am 7. Februar 2020 18:50:08 MEZ schrieb Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]>:
> >How about a link to the group or page?
> >
> >Any idea whereabouts in California? I live in San Diego county, at the
> >south end, and there are places in California that are hundreds of
> >miles
> >from my home.
> >
> >On 2/7/2020 9:00 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
> >> I am sorry. Facebook does not allow external links. If you have a
> >> Facebook acount you can see it in the vistor section
> >>
> >> I think it is public. Or I invite you to the facebook site. He posted
> >> message on our Apache OpenOffice board. People
> >>
> >> usually write how much they love / hate our Software or ask for help.
> >>
> >> The message he has placed is in the subject. I have asked him where
> >he
> >> lives, and he answered CA, but he is flexible. That is all
> >communication
> >> right now.
> >>
> >> Since I answer as AOO, I did not further Chitchat.
> >>
> >> He seems to be a older respectable US Citizen. A patriot to his
> >country.
> >> He seem not to use Facebook a lot. So I would not say he writes
> >random
> >> comments.
> >>
> >> I am curious what his Idea is. But in our definition of serious I
> >would
> >> not expect this will be something major. But you never know. People
> >are
> >> awesome and full of surprises. ;)
> >>

> >> My Ideas are:
> >>
> >> 1) Dave could arrange for the meeting. Is this interesting enough for
> >you?
> >>
> >> 2) I can chitchat try to get more information, what he wants.
> >>
> >> 3) I could guide him to private or dev for introduction. And then we
> >> take next steps.
> >>
> >> all the best
> >>
> >> Peter

> >For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Dave Fisher-3
Found on second effort asked him to DM me.

Thanks,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 7, 2020, at 1:10 PM, F C. Costero <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I went to https://www.facebook.com/pg/ApacheOO/posts/ and found the post by
> Thomas Reid from Feb. 1. The message is fully quoted in the title of this
> thread, so there is no more to learn from the post.
> Francis
>
>> On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 10:59 AM Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2835088696549989&id=185963401462545
>>
>> Strange through my phone I can link. Facebook is a really strange
>> application.
>> Please have a go.
>>
>> All the best
>> Peter
>>
>> Am 7. Februar 2020 18:50:08 MEZ schrieb Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]>:
>>> How about a link to the group or page?
>>>
>>> Any idea whereabouts in California? I live in San Diego county, at the
>>> south end, and there are places in California that are hundreds of
>>> miles
>>> from my home.

>>> he
>>> communication

>>> country.
>>> random

>>> would
>>> are

>>> you?

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Patricia Shanahan
Not much information there. I would ask for some idea what it is about
before meeting.

On 2/7/2020 9:59 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:

> https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2835088696549989&id=185963401462545
>
> Strange through my phone I can link. Facebook is a really strange application.
> Please have a go.
>
> All the best
> Peter
>
> Am 7. Februar 2020 18:50:08 MEZ schrieb Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]>:
>> How about a link to the group or page?
>>
>> Any idea whereabouts in California? I live in San Diego county, at the
>> south end, and there are places in California that are hundreds of
>> miles
>>from my home.
>>
>> On 2/7/2020 9:00 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>>> I am sorry. Facebook does not allow external links. If you have a
>>> Facebook acount you can see it in the vistor section
>>>
>>> I think it is public. Or I invite you to the facebook site. He posted
>>> message on our Apache OpenOffice board. People
>>>
>>> usually write how much they love / hate our Software or ask for help.
>>>
>>> The message he has placed is in the subject. I have asked him where
>> he
>>> lives, and he answered CA, but he is flexible. That is all
>> communication
>>> right now.
>>>
>>> Since I answer as AOO, I did not further Chitchat.
>>>
>>> He seems to be a older respectable US Citizen. A patriot to his
>> country.
>>> He seem not to use Facebook a lot. So I would not say he writes
>> random
>>> comments.
>>>
>>> I am curious what his Idea is. But in our definition of serious I
>> would
>>> not expect this will be something major. But you never know. People
>> are
>>> awesome and full of surprises. ;)
>>>

>>> My Ideas are:
>>>
>>> 1) Dave could arrange for the meeting. Is this interesting enough for
>> you?
>>>
>>> 2) I can chitchat try to get more information, what he wants.
>>>
>>> 3) I could guide him to private or dev for introduction. And then we
>>> take next steps.
>>>
>>> all the best
>>>
>>> Peter

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 07/02/2020 Peter Kovacs wrote:
> I have no clue how I should react on this proposal. For me Facebook is
> not a business channel.

No way this is worth so many messages to the dev list and a collective
waste of time on interpreting incomplete information.

The standard way to contact the project is this public dev list. He is
welcome to do so. He won't get serious consideration if all he can write
is "please meet with me", of course.

If it is something that for some reason needs to be kept confidential,
there is a private list.

End of story. This is all we need to answer.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Facebook comment: It is time for an advanced product. please meet with me.

Patricia Shanahan
+1

I had assumed that if I read the Facebook post I would get some
background on what it is about that might justify something other than
"please post on dev@"