Feature request.

Kenji KAMIYA
Hello OO Folks,

I thank you for letting me use your Open Office.  I use the Word
processing and Graphics packages particularly often.  I have two feature
requests to make for the Graphics package as follows.

1)    Automatic object rotation in 90, 180, 270 degrees ,respectively.

I need to rotate objects in these angles often, but your program only
allow manual rotation, which is rather difficult and not precise.  I
programed medical image processing software, and image rotation in these
angles was the easiest to implement and useful too.

2)    Area assignment..

This feature may already be provided by your Graphics software but I
cannot find it.  Once an area is formed with multiple lines, I want to
assign it as an area object so that it can be painted, made opaque,
etc.  This feature exists with Adobe Acrobat.

If you already have this in the package, please point me to where it is.

Thank you,
Kenji KAMIYA

Re: Feature request.

mike scott-2
On 24/01/11 08:52, Kenji KAMIYA wrote:
> Hello OO Folks,
>
> I thank you for letting me use your Open Office. I use the Word

Not us - we're just users too.

> processing and Graphics packages particularly often. I have two feature
> requests to make for the Graphics package as follows.
>
> 1) Automatic object rotation in 90, 180, 270 degrees ,respectively.
>
> I need to rotate objects in these angles often, but your program only
> allow manual rotation, which is rather difficult and not precise. I
> programed medical image processing software, and image rotation in these
> angles was the easiest to implement and useful too.

Right click (assuming you're using Draw), pick 'position and size',
select the rotation tab and enter the exact rotation you want. Or use
the rotate tool and hold down shift to constrain the angle to multiples
of 15 degrees.

> 2) Area assignment..
>
> This feature may already be provided by your Graphics software but I
> cannot find it. Once an area is formed with multiple lines, I want to
> assign it as an area object so that it can be painted, made opaque, etc.
> This feature exists with Adobe Acrobat.

Use the Curve tool to make a closed polygon. Right-click on it, select
'Area' and fill to your heart's content.

> If you already have this in the package, please point me to where it is.

I recommend the help file as a useful starting point, otherwise if you
Google for openoffice documentation you'll find a decent manual on the
OOo web site (no doubt others can provide the exact address offhand).

You aren't subscribed to this list - which means you'll no doubt miss
lots of answers. /Replies to the list only please./

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England