File association question with 2.0 and 1.1.4

File association question with 2.0 and 1.1.4

Richard Detwiler
I have 1.1.4 and 2.0 both installed on my computer. When I open up a
1.1 format OOo file (or MS file for that matter) by double clicking
from Windows, it opens up in 1.1.4. I'd like for it to open up in 2.0.

I've tried to change the file association by right clicking and
selecting Open With, but this doesn't work for two reasons. First of
all, the place where you can check to always open files of this type
with this application in the future is gray out. Second, it still opens
with 1.1.4 even if I ask it to open it with 2.0.

What is the procedure for having all OOo and MS files be associated
with 2.0 rather than 1.1.4?

Thanks,

Dick, Webster, NY

Re: File association question with 2.0 and 1.1.4

Gregory Forster
First off, I'd get rid of 1.1.4, like I did.  But if
you still want to keep it:
The instructions I give are specifically for Win XP,
however, 98SE works very similar

Click My Computer
Click Tools/Folder Options/File Types
Scroll down to the desired extension, i.e. DOC and
high light it.
Click change
Change to Open Office 2.0

Greg