Filenames for bundled dictionaries

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Filenames for bundled dictionaries

Andrea Pescetti-2
See https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127637 for context.

In short: when we bundle a dictionary in OpenOffice, it is downloaded
during bootstrap and then bundled using the filename we use at bootstrap
phase. This filename does not follow any conventions at the moment, and
a change like dict-en-20170901.oxt -> dict-en-20171101.oxt was
responsible for an RPM warning during my local upgrade (in that case it
was my fault, as I had removed the old files before the upgrade).

In general we should stick to the same names; this was discussed a long
time ago when we had experimental support for incremental patches for
example.

I'm thus going to reopen the issue above (where so far I've fixed the
English dictionary only) and apply the fix to all dictionaries. I won't
be able to test all cases since I don't build all languages, but it
should be quite straightforward.

This is one of many clean-up operations that are best done on trunk.

Regards,
   Andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Filenames for bundled dictionaries

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

Am 26.12.2017 um 20:54 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:

> See https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127637 for context.
>
> In short: when we bundle a dictionary in OpenOffice, it is downloaded
> during bootstrap and then bundled using the filename we use at
> bootstrap phase. This filename does not follow any conventions at the
> moment, and a change like dict-en-20170901.oxt -> dict-en-20171101.oxt
> was responsible for an RPM warning during my local upgrade (in that
> case it was my fault, as I had removed the old files before the upgrade).
>
> In general we should stick to the same names; this was discussed a
> long time ago when we had experimental support for incremental patches
> for example.
>
> I'm thus going to reopen the issue above (where so far I've fixed the
> English dictionary only) and apply the fix to all dictionaries. I
> won't be able to test all cases since I don't build all languages, but
> it should be quite straightforward.
I only asked because I wanted to do it for the German dictionaries... ;-)
Now you have done the complete list, thanks!

For final testing: I am now doing a full build on Windows to see how the
Windows installer behaves.

Regards, Matthias

>
> This is one of many clean-up operations that are best done on trunk.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment