Filter selection

Cecily Henry
HelloRecently I have been unable to open any open source documents as a Filter Selection dialogue box comes up. I have been through the options but to no avail. Could you advise how I can open please?Kind regardsMiss Henry

Re: Filter selection

Alan Boba-2
Are you double-clicking the file name to open it?

If yes, try opening the desired program first then use file > open within
the program to open the document.

If the above works then it provides a way to open documents and provides
some clues to troubleshoot the problem.

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: Filter selection

Martin Groenescheij

On 27/9/18 7:34 pm, Cecily Henry wrote:
> HelloRecently I have been unable to open any open source documents as a Filter Selection dialogue box comes up.
First of all your documents are not open source as you don't share it
with the rest of the world.
Secondly the Filter Dialogue box appears only when one of your files is
corrupted.
You have two options 1. Recover document 2. Cancel You have to select
one of them.
Sometimes a document is beyond repair, you should go back to your backup
files.