Filtering and sorting problem

Robert Volke
I am working on an .xls document using OpenOffice Calc and if I add a
new record to the table and try to filter (or sort) it, the record is
not filtered (or sorted) properly (note that the filters were originally
put in the document using Microsoft Office, also note that all records
that were in the original document filter and sort fine).  No matter
what I filter (or sort) the table by, the records added using Calc
remain at the bottom of the returned list.  Its like they are being
excluded from the filtering (or sorting) all together.  Has anyone had
this problem before?  Thank you,

Robert Volke

Re: Filtering and sorting problem

Dan Lewis-6
     You are having many more problems with OOo than you need to have. Why are
you still using 1.9.109 when OOo 2.0 is available? 1.9.109 was Beta software,
and as such it had bugs in it. Many of those have been fixed prior to OOo 2.0
being released.

Dan

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 01:24 pm, Robert Volke wrote:

> I am working on an .xls document using OpenOffice Calc and if I add a
> new record to the table and try to filter (or sort) it, the record is
> not filtered (or sorted) properly (note that the filters were originally
> put in the document using Microsoft Office, also note that all records
> that were in the original document filter and sort fine).  No matter
> what I filter (or sort) the table by, the records added using Calc
> remain at the bottom of the returned list.  Its like they are being
> excluded from the filtering (or sorting) all together.  Has anyone had
> this problem before?  Thank you,
>
> Robert Volke

Re: Filtering and sorting problem

Robert Volke
Looks like I forgot what version I am using in my email below, sorry
about that.  Where did you get that I am using version 109?  Anyway, I
am currently using the new 2.0 and tested the documents in question.
And the problem still occurs on my machine.

My hopes were that by upgrading to the newest version this problem
would no longer occur but that was not the case.  I'm sure there is some
option for properly defining the filtering/sorting data range so that
this problem doesn't occur, but all of my attempts thus far have been
futile and that is why I sent this email to the list.  Anyone have any
suggestions?

Robert Volke

>>> Dan Lewis <[hidden email]> 11/08/05 4:11 PM >>>
     You are having many more problems with OOo than you need to have.
Why are
you still using 1.9.109 when OOo 2.0 is available? 1.9.109 was Beta
software,
and as such it had bugs in it. Many of those have been fixed prior to
OOo 2.0
being released.

Dan

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 01:24 pm, Robert Volke wrote:
> I am working on an .xls document using OpenOffice Calc and if I add
> new record to the table and try to filter (or sort) it, the record
is
> not filtered (or sorted) properly (note that the filters were
originally
> put in the document using Microsoft Office, also note that all
records
> that were in the original document filter and sort fine).  No matter
> what I filter (or sort) the table by, the records added using Calc
> remain at the bottom of the returned list.  Its like they are being
> excluded from the filtering (or sorting) all together.  Has anyone
had
> this problem before?  Thank you,
>
> Robert Volke

Re: Filtering and sorting problem

Paul
Just tried it and your right. I even removed the filtering and then
turned 'auto filtering' back on - the added row still was not
included.

I've tried to search to see if there was an existing issue lodged, but
I cannot find one. It is probably best for you to create an issue as a
defect.

Good spotting..

/paul