Find and replace paragraph markers in Writer

Find and replace paragraph markers in Writer

sirgimp
Can one find and replace paragraph markers (End Of Line). I knew how to do
it in MS Word, but the ability doesn't seem to be in OOo 2.0.

Example: You paste in text from an email, and there are paragraph makers at
the end of every line making a paragraph out of each line. I want to use
find and replace to remove these EOL markers.

Thanks,
Sir Gimp

Re: Find and replace paragraph markers in Writer

Paul
It is best to read the online help under 'regular expressions'.

Search, with regular expressions ticked, for $ (for end of non-empty paragraphs)
and ^$ for empty paragraphs.  You can then replace with a space or
something else.

/paul

On 11/8/05, Sir Gimp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can one find and replace paragraph markers (End Of Line). I knew how to do
> it in MS Word, but the ability doesn't seem to be in OOo 2.0.
>
> Example: You paste in text from an email, and there are paragraph makers at
> the end of every line making a paragraph out of each line. I want to use
> find and replace to remove these EOL markers.
>
> Thanks,
> Sir Gimp

Re: Find and replace paragraph markers in Writer

kingjohnii
On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 16:04:44 -0800, Sir Gimp wrote:

> Can one find and replace paragraph markers (End Of Line). I knew how to do
> it in MS Word, but the ability doesn't seem to be in OOo 2.0.
>
> Example: You paste in text from an email, and there are paragraph makers
> at the end of every line making a paragraph out of each line. I want to
> use find and replace to remove these EOL markers.
>
> Thanks,
> Sir Gimp

Check the help index for 'paragraph marks'. ooo uses a different procedure
for this process.

--

John