Font Size

Richard Jones
Greetings: I would like to change the font size in Open Office from 12 to 14 as the default but I am unable to find an instruction as to how I may achieve this. If anyone has this information for me will you please forward it to me . Thanks [hidden email]

Re: Font Size

M Henri Day

> Greetings: I would like to change the font size in Open Office from 12 to
> 14 as the default but I am unable to find an instruction as to how I may
> achieve this. If anyone has this information for me will you please forward
> it to me . Thanks [hidden email]

​Richard, in Writer you could try​

​Tools → Options → Writer → Default fonts, which should give you the
ability to adjust both font and font size....

Let us know if this works for you !

Henri​

Re: Font Size

Martin Groenescheij

On 05-Mar-16 02:20, M Henri Day wrote:

>> Greetings: I would like to change the font size in Open Office from 12 to
>> 14 as the default but I am unable to find an instruction as to how I may
>> achieve this. If anyone has this information for me will you please forward
>> it to me . Thanks [hidden email]
>
> ​Richard, in Writer you could try​
>
> ​Tools → Options → Writer → Default fonts, which should give you the
> ability to adjust both font and font size....

Don't forget to save this as your default template otherwise you need to
redo this for each new document.
You could do this for all applications e.g. calc and draw

> Let us know if this works for you !
>
> Henri​

Re: Font Size

Brian Barker
At 13:02 05/03/2016 +1100, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

>On 05-Mar-16 02:20, M Henri Day wrote:
>>>I would like to change the font size in Open Office from 12 to 14
>>>as the default but I am unable to find an instruction as to how I
>>>may achieve this.
>>
>>Richard, in Writer you could try:
>>Tools -> Options -> Writer -> Default fonts, which should give you
>>the ability to adjust both font and font size....
>
>Don't forget to save this as your default template otherwise you
>need to redo this for each new document.

Sorry, but this is simply untrue! Unless you were silly enough to
tick "Current document only" (when this is clearly not what was
wanted), Tools | Options... | OpenOffice Writer | Basic Fonts
(Western) | Default sets the default for this and future documents.

Brian Barker

Re: Font Size

Martin Groenescheij

On 05-Mar-16 16:04, Brian Barker wrote:

>>> Richard, in Writer you could try:
>>> Tools -> Options -> Writer -> Default fonts, which should give you
>>> the ability to adjust both font and font size....
>>
>> Don't forget to save this as your default template otherwise you need
>> to redo this for each new document.
>
> Sorry, but this is simply untrue! Unless you were silly enough to tick
> "Current document only" (when this is clearly not what was wanted),
> Tools | Options... | OpenOffice Writer | Basic Fonts (Western) |
> Default sets the default for this and future documents.

OK, I mixed with the way you change fonts under Styles and Formats (F11)