Font query.

Chris Howard
Hi, my name is Chris, an authoring hopeful. And currently I am in the midst
of writing a book, a fantasy horror, the only problem is that I want to be
able to write particular parts of it in Elven languages such as Tengwar,
Quenyar and Sindirin. I cannot find any sources to help me along with this,
so would it be possible to make the fonts available for budding authors
such as myself? Yours sincerely, Chris.

Re: Font query.

Shari Lynn Smith
Try downloading and installing the font you need, any font on your
computer will be accessible in open office.

fontspace.com/category/elven

Shari

On 8/5/2018 12:27 PM, Chris Howard wrote:
> Hi, my name is Chris, an authoring hopeful. And currently I am in the midst
> of writing a book, a fantasy horror, the only problem is that I want to be
> able to write particular parts of it in Elven languages such as Tengwar,
> Quenyar and Sindirin. I cannot find any sources to help me along with this,
> so would it be possible to make the fonts available for budding authors
> such as myself? Yours sincerely, Chris.

Re: Font query.

Dan Lewis
On 08/05/2018 01:27 PM, Chris Howard wrote:
> Hi, my name is Chris, an authoring hopeful. And currently I am in the midst
> of writing a book, a fantasy horror, the only problem is that I want to be
> able to write particular parts of it in Elven languages such as Tengwar,
> Quenyar and Sindirin. I cannot find any sources to help me along with this,
> so would it be possible to make the fonts available for budding authors
> such as myself? Yours sincerely, Chris.

You also need to create a paragraph style for each language. In each of
these styles, select the font that you want to use for that language. (I
am assuming that any given paragraph contains only a single language.)
Any time you are changing languages between paragraphs, make sure you
assign the proper style for the new paragraph: click the new paragraph
and then double click the style for the language you will be using in it.

If you are not acquainted with styles, you need to learn how to use
them. There should be a Writer Guide for this very purpose.

Dan

Re: Font query.

Keith N. McKenna
On 8/5/2018 4:43 PM, Dan Lewis wrote:

> On 08/05/2018 01:27 PM, Chris Howard wrote:
>> Hi, my name is Chris, an authoring hopeful. And currently I am in the
>> midst
>> of writing a book, a fantasy horror, the only problem is that I want
>> to be
>> able to write particular parts of it in Elven languages such as Tengwar,
>> Quenyar and Sindirin. I cannot find any sources to help me along with
>> this,
>> so would it be possible to make the fonts available for budding authors
>> such as myself? Yours sincerely, Chris.
>>
> You also need to create a paragraph style for each language. In each of
> these styles, select the font that you want to use for that language. (I
> am assuming that any given paragraph contains only a single language.)
> Any time you are changing languages between paragraphs, make sure you
> assign the proper style for the new paragraph: click the new paragraph
> and then double click the style for the language you will be using in it.
>
> If you are not acquainted with styles, you need to learn how to use
> them. There should be a Writer Guide for this very purpose.
>
> Dan
Along with Dan's excellent advice you can read this this section of the
writer guide on the wiki along with its linked pages:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Writer

Regards
Keith