Fonts list

Bidouille
Hello devteam

OpenOffice provide and install specific fonts
I'm looking for this list

Help is welcome :-)

Re: Fonts list

Matthias Seidel
Hi,

Am 24.07.20 um 16:25 schrieb Bidouille:
> Hello devteam
>
> OpenOffice provide and install specific fonts
> I'm looking for this list

I don't know of a specific list, but depending on how you build AOO you
can include category A and category B fonts:

https://github.com/apache/openoffice/blob/trunk/main/external_deps.lst

I think our release builds include category A and B fonts and of course
the OpenType font.
What is actually installed may depend on the OS.

Regards,

   Matthias

> Help is welcome :-)

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Fonts list

Andrew Pitonyak
I wrote a macro that creates a list in a document with the fonts available. No idea where it is, but I can probably find it if you like.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

On Jul 24, 2020, 10:25 AM, at 10:25 AM, Bidouille <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello devteam
>
>OpenOffice provide and install specific fonts
>I'm looking for this list
>
>Help is welcome :-)

Re: Fonts list

Czesław Wolański
Hi,

>I wrote a macro that creates a list in a document with the fonts
available. No idea where it is, but I can probably find it if you like.

@andrew

"Useful Macro Information For OpenOffice.org"
Chapter 5.4. List Fonts And Other Screen Information (macro ListFonts)

Could it perhaps be that the macro you refer to is mentioned in "Useful
Macro Information For OpenOffice.org"?
Section 5.4.1. "Display supported fonts" provides the following link:

http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewFontMacro.odt

Regards,

Czesław Wolański

пт, 24 июл. 2020 г. в 19:33, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]>:

> I wrote a macro that creates a list in a document with the fonts
> available. No idea where it is, but I can probably find it if you like.
>
> ⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
>
> On Jul 24, 2020, 10:25 AM, at 10:25 AM, Bidouille <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >Hello devteam
> >
> >OpenOffice provide and install specific fonts
> >I'm looking for this list
> >
> >Help is welcome :-)

> >For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Fonts list

Andrew Pitonyak
yes that sounds like a good place to look I would have checked there and then oome if I couldn't find it, and then I would have looked in my personal macros.

So you found it thanks.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

On Jul 24, 2020, 2:06 PM, at 2:06 PM, "Czesław Wolański" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>>I wrote a macro that creates a list in a document with the fonts
>available. No idea where it is, but I can probably find it if you like.
>
>@andrew
>
>"Useful Macro Information For OpenOffice.org"
>Chapter 5.4. List Fonts And Other Screen Information (macro ListFonts)
>
>Could it perhaps be that the macro you refer to is mentioned in "Useful
>Macro Information For OpenOffice.org"?
>Section 5.4.1. "Display supported fonts" provides the following link:
>
>http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewFontMacro.odt
>

>Regards,
>
>Czesław Wolański
>
>пт, 24 июл. 2020 г. в 19:33, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I wrote a macro that creates a list in a document with the fonts
>> available. No idea where it is, but I can probably find it if you
>like.
>>
>> ⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
>>
>> On Jul 24, 2020, 10:25 AM, at 10:25 AM, Bidouille <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> >Hello devteam
>> >
>> >OpenOffice provide and install specific fonts
>> >I'm looking for this list
>> >
>> >Help is welcome :-)

>> >For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Fonts list

Czesław Wolański
Hi,

> So you found it thanks.

You're welcome.
If it weren't for your books on OpenOffice macros, my first steps in this
subject
would be much more painful. :‑)

Regards,

Czesław Wolański

пт, 24 июл. 2020 г. в 22:18, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]>:

> yes that sounds like a good place to look I would have checked there and
> then oome if I couldn't find it, and then I would have looked in my
> personal macros.
>
> So you found it thanks.
>
> ⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
>
> On Jul 24, 2020, 2:06 PM, at 2:06 PM, "Czesław Wolański" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >>I wrote a macro that creates a list in a document with the fonts
> >available. No idea where it is, but I can probably find it if you like.
> >
> >@andrew
> >
> >"Useful Macro Information For OpenOffice.org"
> >Chapter 5.4. List Fonts And Other Screen Information (macro ListFonts)
> >
> >Could it perhaps be that the macro you refer to is mentioned in "Useful
> >Macro Information For OpenOffice.org"?
> >Section 5.4.1. "Display supported fonts" provides the following link:
> >
> >http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewFontMacro.odt
> >

> >Regards,
> >
> >Czesław Wolański
> >
> >пт, 24 июл. 2020 г. в 19:33, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]>:
> >
> >> I wrote a macro that creates a list in a document with the fonts
> >> available. No idea where it is, but I can probably find it if you
> >like.
> >>
> >> ⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

Re: Fonts list

Bidouille
Thanks but the goal is not to list installed fonts on a system.
But which fonts are provided with OpenOffice.

> If it weren't for your books on OpenOffice macros, my first steps in
> this
> subject
> would be much more painful. :‑)
>
> Regards,
>
> Czesław Wolański
>
> пт, 24 июл. 2020 г. в 22:18, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]>:
>
> > yes that sounds like a good place to look I would have checked
> > there and
> > then oome if I couldn't find it, and then I would have looked in my
> > personal macros.
> >
> > So you found it thanks.
> >
> > ⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
> >
> > On Jul 24, 2020, 2:06 PM, at 2:06 PM, "Czesław Wolański" <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >Hi,

> > >available. No idea where it is, but I can probably find it if you
> > >like.
> > >
> > >@andrew
> > >
> > >"Useful Macro Information For OpenOffice.org"
> > >Chapter 5.4. List Fonts And Other Screen Information (macro
> > >ListFonts)
> > >
> > >Could it perhaps be that the macro you refer to is mentioned in
> > >"Useful
> > >Macro Information For OpenOffice.org"?
> > >Section 5.4.1. "Display supported fonts" provides the following
> > >link:
> > >
> > >http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewFontMacro.odt
> > >

> > >Regards,
> > >
> > >Czesław Wolański
> > >
> > >пт, 24 июл. 2020 г. в 19:33, Andrew Pitonyak

> > >like.

Re: Fonts list

Rory O'Farrell
On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 12:47:27 +0200 (CEST)
Bidouille <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks but the goal is not to list installed fonts on a system.
> But which fonts are provided with OpenOffice.

A quick search of the AOO source suggests that

opens___.ttf
opencarlito
croscore
crosextra
dejavu
gentium

fonts are included in the compiled code if the correct switches are enabled at compile time.  This information is from source for AOO 3 - possibly the last 3 version, which is in one of my archive disks.  One could download source for AOO 4 and do a similar search for ttf.

The paths should be similar to this
aoo/main/more_fonts/fonts/ttf_carlito

Rory

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Fonts list

David Robley
On my Linux system, AOO 4.2.0 installed from rpm, fonts are installed in
opt/openoffice4/share/fonts/

I suspect that on Windows, fonts are installed in the system font
directory; whether you could compare file modification times with the
time of installing AOO....?

Just my 02<very small monetary unit>

Cheers
--
David Robley

Why build a wall round a cemetery when no-one wants to get in?

Re: Fonts list

Andrew Pitonyak

Sorry, I cannot check based on Apache OpenOffice since it is not installed on the machine I am using at this precise moment, but, on my Linux box with LibreOffice, I have a list of fonts here:

/opt/libreoffice6.2/share/fonts/truetype

I also do not have a Windows machine near by for me to test, but, you might be able to find the fonts included with the installation files. If I did not find them there, I would pull the source code and then search for font files. Searching for files that end with ttf will give yo a good idea (if you are able to do that).

https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html

https://github.com/apache/openoffice

Let me test this by quickly pulling the source code
 git clone https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice.git aooNote that on Windows, the above command takes a bit of work to be usable (like installing git-bash).

Not seeing a bunch of fonts, only these:

https://github.com/apache/openoffice/tree/trunk/main/more_fonts/fonts