Forced Initial CAp Problem

WA.TWORSX via AOL

Hi, and Happy New 2018 Year to all !

Using 4.1.3 AOO on WIN 10 desktop.

When I type, for example, JAN within an AOO Calc or Text document, it is
changed to:  Jan.

This is not occurring when using Windows Notepad or Word Perfect 12.

Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated very much.

Regards,

VinceB

Re: Forced Initial CAp Problem

Martin Groenescheij

On 31/12/17 7:05 AM, WA.TWORSX via AOL wrote:

> Hi, and Happy New 2018 Year to all !
>

> Using 4.1.3 AOO on WIN 10 desktop.

Time to upgrade to 4.1.5

> When I type, for example, JAN within an AOO Calc or Text document, it
> is changed to:  Jan.

Check your replacement table under Tools -> AutoCorrect Options see the
Replace tab and Options tab

> This is not occurring when using Windows Notepad or Word Perfect 12.

Both are for simple minds

On 12/30/2017 4:27 PM, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

> On 31/12/17 7:05 AM, WA.TWORSX via AOL wrote:
>>
>> Hi, and Happy New 2018 Year to all !
>>

>> Using 4.1.3 AOO on WIN 10 desktop.
>
> Time to upgrade to 4.1.5

I have manually checked for updates, and will install 4.1.4 soon. That
version is shown as available to me here.

>> When I type, for example, JAN within an AOO Calc or Text document, it
>> is changed to:  Jan.
>
> Check your replacement table under Tools -> AutoCorrect Options see
> the Replace tab and Options tab

I do not see anything obviously incorrect with what is presently set
(defaulted) under those two tabs, Martin.

This issue might be related to a recent crashing of Windows10, where a
temporary corruption of the "profile" was suspected.

I just now realized that "JAN" and "JUL" are abbreviations for January
and July.  JULIA works as expected, so the problem is related, I think,
to abbreviated names of the months.

>> This is not occurring when using Windows Notepad or Word Perfect 12.
>
> Both are for simple minds

I only mention them as a part of the troubleshooting done at my end.

>> Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated very much.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> VinceB

Thank you for your suggestions.

Ciao!

Re: Forced Initial CAp Problem

Martin Groenescheij
This announcement came in today:

On 31/12/17 9:02 AM, WA.TWORSX via AOL wrote:

> On 12/30/2017 4:27 PM, Martin Groenescheij wrote:
>>

>> On 31/12/17 7:05 AM, WA.TWORSX via AOL wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, and Happy New 2018 Year to all !
>>>

>>> Using 4.1.3 AOO on WIN 10 desktop.
>>
>> Time to upgrade to 4.1.5
>
> I have manually checked for updates, and will install 4.1.4 soon. That
> version is shown as available to me here.
>

>>> When I type, for example, JAN within an AOO Calc or Text document,
>>> it is changed to:  Jan.
>>
>> Check your replacement table under Tools -> AutoCorrect Options see
>> the Replace tab and Options tab
>>
> I do not see anything obviously incorrect with what is presently set
> (defaulted) under those two tabs, Martin.
>
> This issue might be related to a recent crashing of Windows10, where a
> temporary corruption of the "profile" was suspected.
>
> I just now realized that "JAN" and "JUL" are abbreviations for January
> and July.  JULIA works as expected, so the problem is related, I
> think, to abbreviated names of the months.
>

>>> This is not occurring when using Windows Notepad or Word Perfect 12.
>>
>> Both are for simple minds
>>
> I only mention them as a part of the troubleshooting done at my end.
>>>
>>> Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated very much.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> VinceB
>>>

> Thank you for your suggestions.
>
> Ciao!

Re: Forced Initial CAp Problem

Andrea Pescetti-2
Martin Groenescheij wrote:
> This announcement came in today:

The "Check for updates" feed is always enabled about 7 days after
release, to avoid excessive traffic. So it is expected to report 4.1.4
as the latest available version for most of next week. Of course, people
can just go the the official http://www.openoffice.org site and download
manually.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Forced Initial C[a]p Problem

Brian Barker
At 15:05 30/12/2017 -0500, Vince Bonly wrote:
>When I type, for example, JAN within an AOO Calc or Text document,
>it is changed to: Jan.

I don't see why this should happen in a text document unless you have
done something to arrange it.

>Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated very much.

In a spreadsheet document, toggle off Tools | Cell Content > | AutoInput.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker