Form controls: property "Input Required" and errormessage

Form controls: property "Input Required" and errormessage

Oliver Peters
Hello,

since 3.1 the feature exists (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Base/New_features_in_3_1#Form_controls:_new_property_.22Input_Required.22)

and I like to use it but if this feature produces an errormessage it only refers to the name of the underlying db field where it is not allowed to put in NULL (see the attached errormessage.jpg).

My problem is that I want to tell the user that he has to fill in a value in a special field of the form(!) he uses - and the name of the field in the form can be different from the name in the db; so to my mind the errormessage should refer to the label property (I know that it might be possible to use aliases in SQL but I don't think that it would be a convenient solution).

I hope I could express my problem in a coherent way.

greetings
Oliver

Re: Form controls: property "Input Required" and errormessage

Ocke Janssen-2
Moin Oliver,

On 11/01/10 17:56, Oliver Peters wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since 3.1 the feature exists (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Base/New_features_in_3_1#Form_controls:_new_property_.22Input_Required.22)
>
> and I like to use it but if this feature produces an errormessage it only refers to the name of the underlying db field where it is not allowed to put in NULL (see the attached errormessage.jpg).
>
> My problem is that I want to tell the user that he has to fill in a value in a special field of the form(!) he uses - and the name of the field in the form can be different from the name in the db; so to my mind the errormessage should refer to the label property (I know that it might be possible to use aliases in SQL but I don't think that it would be a convenient solution).
>
> I hope I could express my problem in a coherent way.
The best way to handle this is to write an enhancement issue to ensure
that it won't be lost.

Best regards,

Ocke