Formatted text when pasting into formula box

Formatted text when pasting into formula box

Shari Lynn Smith
I format my spreadsheet and then when pasting I either F2 and paste or
click and paste into the formula box. This has always pasted plain text so
it matched the formatting of my spreadsheet. With 4.1 it's not working that
way, it's pasting the text in the format that it came from.

Yes I know I can Ctrl-Shift-V but that is extra steps..

Was this intended, and if so why?

Thanks :o)
Shari

Re: Formatted text when pasting into formula box

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 04/05/2014 Shari Lynn Smith wrote:
> I format my spreadsheet and then when pasting I either F2 and paste or
> click and paste into the formula box. This has always pasted plain text so
> it matched the formatting of my spreadsheet. With 4.1 it's not working that
> way, it's pasting the text in the format that it came from.
> Yes I know I can Ctrl-Shift-V but that is extra steps..

I'm reviewing some reported bugs, but I cannot reproduce this one. It
works as it has always worked recently. So:

1) Copy formatted text from a web page (something including bold, links...)

2) Select a cell and press CTRL-V (this is NOT what you are doing) ->
indeed the output is formatted

3) Open, not simply select, another cell (i.e., double click on it,
cursor flashes within the cell; or alternatively press F2, or use the
formula toolbar, i.e., what you are doing) -> the copied text is
stripped of any formatting.

So it works as usual for me.

Regards,
   Andrea.