Formatting

Howard Bennett
In Excel there is a command under formatting "format cells/alignment/center
across selection."

This is useful when preparing a spreadsheet for presentation. For instance,
I might have 2 or 3 columns fall under the heading Summer (weight, height,
blood pressure). I cannot find a way to center "Summer"

Help

Howard

Re: Formatting

Brian Barker-2
At 10:42 10/08/2020 -0400, Howard Bennett wrote:
>In Excel ...

Excel is also available!

>For instance, I might have 2 or 3 columns fall under the heading
>Summer (weight, height, blood pressure). I cannot find a way to center "Summer"

o Select the three cells which you want the main heading to span (one
of which will contain the word "Summer").
o Go to Format | Merge Cells (or click the Merge Cells button in the
Formatting toolbar).
o If challenged, accept the offer to move the contents of cells now
to be hidden to the first cell.
o Click the Align Centre Horizontally button in the Formatting
toolbar (or press Ctrl+E).

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Formatting

Howard Bennett
Brian

Thanks. That works.

Howard

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 11:06 Brian Barker
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> At 10:42 10/08/2020 -0400, Howard Bennett wrote:
> >In Excel ...
>
> Excel is also available!
>
> >For instance, I might have 2 or 3 columns fall under the heading
> >Summer (weight, height, blood pressure). I cannot find a way to center
> "Summer"
>
> o Select the three cells which you want the main heading to span (one
> of which will contain the word "Summer").
> o Go to Format | Merge Cells (or click the Merge Cells button in the
> Formatting toolbar).
> o If challenged, accept the offer to move the contents of cells now
> to be hidden to the first cell.
> o Click the Align Centre Horizontally button in the Formatting
> toolbar (or press Ctrl+E).
>
> I trust this helps.
>
> Brian Barker

Howard