Forum Migration Status

12

Forum Migration Status

Dave Fisher
Hi Hagar / Forum Admins,

We must do a forum migration to new VMs by Friday, November 30th.

It turns out that many of the errors we had in June testing are due to incompatibilities between PHP 7 and phpBB 3.0.x and 3.1.x. Specifically BBCodes use a php method that is no longer supported in PHP 7.

In order for me to better perform the migration I need you to grant my ID (dave2wave) full admin rights on both the current production and also forum test.

Also, please provide to me the email addresses to each forums admins so that I can provide any setup instructions.

I am in the San Francisco area and will be online by 16:00 UTC.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Forum Migration Status

Dave Fisher
Hi -

Further status and plan.

The remaining issues involve phpBB 3.0.9 use of a function deprecated in php 5 and absent in php 7.

(0) Given information requested in the last email.

Tomorrow -

(1) Attempt to use newest phpBB 3.2.4 which works with php 7. I’ve examined the code and it looks right.

(2) If (1) is difficult then we will downgrade to php 5.

(3) Sync up from current forums.

(4) Add warning about migration downtime to current production.

(5) Create a blocking httpd configuration for during the migration

Wednesday

(6) Request community testing

Friday

(7) Perform migration.

Regards,
Dave

> On Nov 26, 2018, at 4:10 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Hagar / Forum Admins,
>
> We must do a forum migration to new VMs by Friday, November 30th.
>
> It turns out that many of the errors we had in June testing are due to incompatibilities between PHP 7 and phpBB 3.0.x and 3.1.x. Specifically BBCodes use a php method that is no longer supported in PHP 7.
>
> In order for me to better perform the migration I need you to grant my ID (dave2wave) full admin rights on both the current production and also forum test.
>
> Also, please provide to me the email addresses to each forums admins so that I can provide any setup instructions.
>
> I am in the San Francisco area and will be online by 16:00 UTC.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Re: Forum Migration Status

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 19:12:02 -0800
Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> Further status and plan.
>
> The remaining issues involve phpBB 3.0.9 use of a function deprecated in php 5 and absent in php 7.
>
> (0) Given information requested in the last email.
>
> Tomorrow -
>
> (1) Attempt to use newest phpBB 3.2.4 which works with php 7. I’ve examined the code and it looks right.
>
> (2) If (1) is difficult then we will downgrade to php 5.
>
> (3) Sync up from current forums.
>
> (4) Add warning about migration downtime to current production.
>
> (5) Create a blocking httpd configuration for during the migration
>
> Wednesday
>
> (6) Request community testing
>
> Friday
>
> (7) Perform migration.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

FJCC and I have posted notification of this to en-Forum.

Hagar will doubtless grant the sought for admin rights when he come online.  I have Moderator status so cannot.

Rory

> > On Nov 26, 2018, at 4:10 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Hagar / Forum Admins,
> >
> > We must do a forum migration to new VMs by Friday, November 30th.
> >
> > It turns out that many of the errors we had in June testing are due to incompatibilities between PHP 7 and phpBB 3.0.x and 3.1.x. Specifically BBCodes use a php method that is no longer supported in PHP 7.
> >
> > In order for me to better perform the migration I need you to grant my ID (dave2wave) full admin rights on both the current production and also forum test.
> >
> > Also, please provide to me the email addresses to each forums admins so that I can provide any setup instructions.
> >
> > I am in the San Francisco area and will be online by 16:00 UTC.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dave

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Forum Migration Status

Hagar Delest-2
Top posting

Hi Dave,

Thanks, that sounds a good plan, especially providing a plan B!
I've added you as admin for both English forums (standard and test boards).
I've sent you by PM (in the regular forum) the list of the native language admins.

I'll try to monitor the list and the forum more closely during daytime (France time) in the next few days, just in case.
Note that acknak has also admin rights on the board, he's in the US.

Hagar

Le 27/11/2018 à 04:12, Dave Fisher a écrit :

> Hi -
>
> Further status and plan.
>
> The remaining issues involve phpBB 3.0.9 use of a function deprecated in php 5 and absent in php 7.
>
> (0) Given information requested in the last email.
>
> Tomorrow -
>
> (1) Attempt to use newest phpBB 3.2.4 which works with php 7. I’ve examined the code and it looks right.
>
> (2) If (1) is difficult then we will downgrade to php 5.
>
> (3) Sync up from current forums.
>
> (4) Add warning about migration downtime to current production.
>
> (5) Create a blocking httpd configuration for during the migration
>
> Wednesday
>
> (6) Request community testing
>
> Friday
>
> (7) Perform migration.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Nov 26, 2018, at 4:10 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Hagar / Forum Admins,
>>
>> We must do a forum migration to new VMs by Friday, November 30th.
>>
>> It turns out that many of the errors we had in June testing are due to incompatibilities between PHP 7 and phpBB 3.0.x and 3.1.x. Specifically BBCodes use a php method that is no longer supported in PHP 7.
>>
>> In order for me to better perform the migration I need you to grant my ID (dave2wave) full admin rights on both the current production and also forum test.
>>
>> Also, please provide to me the email addresses to each forums admins so that I can provide any setup instructions.
>>
>> I am in the San Francisco area and will be online by 16:00 UTC.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Forum Migration Status

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 27/11/2018 Dave Fisher wrote:
> Tomorrow -
>
> (1) Attempt to use newest phpBB 3.2.4 which works with php 7. I’ve examined the code and it looks right.
>
> (2) If (1) is difficult then we will downgrade to php 5.

I see the choice is now to downgrade PHP, and it is a wise one. The
Forum setup is absurdly complex, so if our priority is to abandon the
old VMs we should just migrate the application as it is currently, and
then improve the setup.

A full upgrade may require some downtime in the future, but we are not
in a position to test it properly now.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Forum Migration Status

Dave Fisher
Hi Hagar and forum users/admins,

https://forum-test.openoffice.org/

>> (1) Attempt to use newest phpBB 3.2.4 which works with php 7. I’ve examined the code and it looks right.

I dug further and language packs for Hungarian and Japanese are not available. I think that we need to look into this carefully before we migrate to 3.2.4.

Also, new have subsilver2 theme installed. It does not look like we use it, but it is not offered for 3.2.4. We will need to do more careful testing of all of the language forums.

>> (2) If (1) is difficult then we will downgrade to php 5.

I chose to have Infra downgrade PHP to version 5.6. Thanks Chris (fluxo)!

>> (3) Sync up from current forums.

Synced up files, avatars and databases. I will need two hours to do this either late Thursday or early Friday.

>> (4) Add warning about migration downtime to current production.

I think you did this sufficiently.

>> (5) Create a blocking httpd configuration for during the migration

I think I will just stop apache httpd.

(6) Community Testing.

Please start testing!

Regards,
Dave

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 12:15 PM, Hagar Delest <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Top posting
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks, that sounds a good plan, especially providing a plan B!
> I've added you as admin for both English forums (standard and test boards).
> I've sent you by PM (in the regular forum) the list of the native language admins.
>
> I'll try to monitor the list and the forum more closely during daytime (France time) in the next few days, just in case.
> Note that acknak has also admin rights on the board, he's in the US.
>
> Hagar
>
> Le 27/11/2018 à 04:12, Dave Fisher a écrit :
>> Hi -
>>
>> Further status and plan.
>>
>> The remaining issues involve phpBB 3.0.9 use of a function deprecated in php 5 and absent in php 7.
>>
>> (0) Given information requested in the last email.
>>
>> Tomorrow -
>>
>> (1) Attempt to use newest phpBB 3.2.4 which works with php 7. I’ve examined the code and it looks right.
>>
>> (2) If (1) is difficult then we will downgrade to php 5.
>>
>> (3) Sync up from current forums.
>>
>> (4) Add warning about migration downtime to current production.
>>
>> (5) Create a blocking httpd configuration for during the migration
>>
>> Wednesday
>>
>> (6) Request community testing
>>
>> Friday
>>
>> (7) Perform migration.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>>> On Nov 26, 2018, at 4:10 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Hagar / Forum Admins,
>>>
>>> We must do a forum migration to new VMs by Friday, November 30th.
>>>
>>> It turns out that many of the errors we had in June testing are due to incompatibilities between PHP 7 and phpBB 3.0.x and 3.1.x. Specifically BBCodes use a php method that is no longer supported in PHP 7.
>>>
>>> In order for me to better perform the migration I need you to grant my ID (dave2wave) full admin rights on both the current production and also forum test.
>>>
>>> Also, please provide to me the email addresses to each forums admins so that I can provide any setup instructions.
>>>
>>> I am in the San Francisco area and will be online by 16:00 UTC.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

Re: Forum Migration Status

David Robley
There is an issue with Search and returning topics. To reproduce:
Go to advanced search
Enter a search term(s) - I used spell check error
Scroll down and choose Display results as: Topics
Leave all other settings and click Search

Result:

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'forumaoo_en.t.topic_last_post_time' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT [3065]

SQL

SELECT DISTINCT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS t.topic_id FROM phpbb_en_topics t, phpbb_en_posts p WHERE MATCH (p.post_subject, p.post_text) AGAINST ('+spell +check +error ' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AND t.topic_id = p.topic_id ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_time DESC LIMIT 250

BACKTRACE

FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/mysqli.php

LINE: 163

CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/mysqli.php

LINE: 205

CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/dbal.php

LINE: 170

CALL: dbal_mysqli->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/search/fulltext_mysql.php

LINE: 472

CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/search.php

LINE: 508

CALL: fulltext_mysql->keyword_search()

-------------------------

As an aside, would it be possible to have the search default to Display
as Topics? This returns a more compact listing of the results which
seems to me to be easier to work through.

On 27/11/18 10:40 am, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Hi Hagar / Forum Admins,
>
> We must do a forum migration to new VMs by Friday, November 30th.
>
> It turns out that many of the errors we had in June testing are due to incompatibilities between PHP 7 and phpBB 3.0.x and 3.1.x. Specifically BBCodes use a php method that is no longer supported in PHP 7.
>
> In order for me to better perform the migration I need you to grant my ID (dave2wave) full admin rights on both the current production and also forum test.
>
> Also, please provide to me the email addresses to each forums admins so that I can provide any setup instructions.
>
> I am in the San Francisco area and will be online by 16:00 UTC.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Cheers
--
David Robley

A bird in the hand can be messy.

Re: Forum Migration Status

David Robley
For testing purposes - is the test site forum-test.openoffice.org
configured to _not_ send notifications in response to mod actions such
as banning, disapproving posts etc?

I'll test some of those functions as long as I can be sure I'm not
sending a spray of un-needed notifications.

On 27/11/18 10:40 am, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Hi Hagar / Forum Admins,
>
> We must do a forum migration to new VMs by Friday, November 30th.
>
> It turns out that many of the errors we had in June testing are due to incompatibilities between PHP 7 and phpBB 3.0.x and 3.1.x. Specifically BBCodes use a php method that is no longer supported in PHP 7.
>
> In order for me to better perform the migration I need you to grant my ID (dave2wave) full admin rights on both the current production and also forum test.
>
> Also, please provide to me the email addresses to each forums admins so that I can provide any setup instructions.
>
> I am in the San Francisco area and will be online by 16:00 UTC.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Cheers
--
David Robley

A bird in the hand can be messy.

Re: Forum Migration Status

Dave Fisher
There is no special configuration. It should send normal email / notifications.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 28, 2018, at 12:22 AM, David Robley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> For testing purposes - is the test site forum-test.openoffice.org configured to _not_ send notifications in response to mod actions such as banning, disapproving posts etc?
>
> I'll test some of those functions as long as I can be sure I'm not sending a spray of un-needed notifications.
>
>> On 27/11/18 10:40 am, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> Hi Hagar / Forum Admins,
>>
>> We must do a forum migration to new VMs by Friday, November 30th.
>>
>> It turns out that many of the errors we had in June testing are due to incompatibilities between PHP 7 and phpBB 3.0.x and 3.1.x. Specifically BBCodes use a php method that is no longer supported in PHP 7.
>>
>> In order for me to better perform the migration I need you to grant my ID (dave2wave) full admin rights on both the current production and also forum test.
>>
>> Also, please provide to me the email addresses to each forums admins so that I can provide any setup instructions.
>>
>> I am in the San Francisco area and will be online by 16:00 UTC.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>

> Cheers
> --
> David Robley
>
> A bird in the hand can be messy.

Re: Forum Migration Status

ca.salva
I confirm this issue in Italian forum.

ciao

charlie

Il 28/11/18 09:15, David Robley ha scritto:

> There is an issue with Search and returning topics. To reproduce:
> Go to advanced search
> Enter a search term(s) - I used spell check error
> Scroll down and choose Display results as: Topics
> Leave all other settings and click Search
>
> Result:
>
> General Error
>
> SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
>
> Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references
> column 'forumaoo_en.t.topic_last_post_time' which is not in SELECT
> list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT [3065]
>
> SQL
>
> SELECT DISTINCT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS t.topic_id FROM phpbb_en_topics t,
> phpbb_en_posts p WHERE MATCH (p.post_subject, p.post_text) AGAINST
> ('+spell +check +error ' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AND t.topic_id = p.topic_id
> ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_time DESC LIMIT 250
>
> BACKTRACE
>
> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/mysqli.php
>
> LINE: 163
>
> CALL: dbal->sql_error()
>
> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/mysqli.php
>
> LINE: 205
>
> CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()
>
> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/dbal.php
>
> LINE: 170
>
> CALL: dbal_mysqli->_sql_query_limit()
>
> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/search/fulltext_mysql.php
>
> LINE: 472
>
> CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()
>
> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/search.php
>
> LINE: 508
>
> CALL: fulltext_mysql->keyword_search()
>
> -------------------------
>
> As an aside, would it be possible to have the search default to
> Display as Topics? This returns a more compact listing of the results
> which seems to me to be easier to work through.
>
> On 27/11/18 10:40 am, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> Hi Hagar / Forum Admins,
>>
>> We must do a forum migration to new VMs by Friday, November 30th.
>>
>> It turns out that many of the errors we had in June testing are due
>> to incompatibilities between PHP 7 and phpBB 3.0.x and 3.1.x.
>> Specifically BBCodes use a php method that is no longer supported in
>> PHP 7.
>>
>> In order for me to better perform the migration I need you to grant
>> my ID (dave2wave) full admin rights on both the current production
>> and also forum test.
>>
>> Also, please provide to me the email addresses to each forums admins
>> so that I can provide any setup instructions.
>>
>> I am in the San Francisco area and will be online by 16:00 UTC.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>

> Cheers

Re: Forum Migration Status

Dave Fisher
Hi -

This issue should now be resolved.

Regards,
Dave

> On Nov 28, 2018, at 2:16 AM, Carlo Salvagno <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I confirm this issue in Italian forum.
>
> ciao
>
> charlie
>

> Il 28/11/18 09:15, David Robley ha scritto:
>> There is an issue with Search and returning topics. To reproduce:
>> Go to advanced search
>> Enter a search term(s) - I used spell check error
>> Scroll down and choose Display results as: Topics
>> Leave all other settings and click Search
>>
>> Result:
>>
>> General Error
>>
>> SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
>>
>> Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'forumaoo_en.t.topic_last_post_time' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT [3065]
>>
>> SQL
>>
>> SELECT DISTINCT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS t.topic_id FROM phpbb_en_topics t, phpbb_en_posts p WHERE MATCH (p.post_subject, p.post_text) AGAINST ('+spell +check +error ' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AND t.topic_id = p.topic_id ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_time DESC LIMIT 250
>>
>> BACKTRACE
>>
>> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/mysqli.php
>>
>> LINE: 163
>>
>> CALL: dbal->sql_error()
>>
>> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/mysqli.php
>>
>> LINE: 205
>>
>> CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()
>>
>> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/dbal.php
>>
>> LINE: 170
>>
>> CALL: dbal_mysqli->_sql_query_limit()
>>
>> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/search/fulltext_mysql.php
>>
>> LINE: 472
>>
>> CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()
>>
>> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/search.php
>>
>> LINE: 508
>>
>> CALL: fulltext_mysql->keyword_search()
>>
>> -------------------------
>>
>> As an aside, would it be possible to have the search default to Display as Topics? This returns a more compact listing of the results which seems to me to be easier to work through.
>>
>> On 27/11/18 10:40 am, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>> Hi Hagar / Forum Admins,
>>>
>>> We must do a forum migration to new VMs by Friday, November 30th.
>>>
>>> It turns out that many of the errors we had in June testing are due to incompatibilities between PHP 7 and phpBB 3.0.x and 3.1.x. Specifically BBCodes use a php method that is no longer supported in PHP 7.
>>>
>>> In order for me to better perform the migration I need you to grant my ID (dave2wave) full admin rights on both the current production and also forum test.
>>>
>>> Also, please provide to me the email addresses to each forums admins so that I can provide any setup instructions.
>>>
>>> I am in the San Francisco area and will be online by 16:00 UTC.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>>>

>> Cheers

Re: Forum Migration Status

ca.salva
Hi, I confirm that it has been solved.

ciao,

charlie

Il 28/11/18 19:02, Dave Fisher ha scritto:

> Hi -
>
> This issue should now be resolved.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Nov 28, 2018, at 2:16 AM, Carlo Salvagno <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I confirm this issue in Italian forum.
>>
>> ciao
>>
>> charlie
>>

>> Il 28/11/18 09:15, David Robley ha scritto:
>>> There is an issue with Search and returning topics. To reproduce:
>>> Go to advanced search
>>> Enter a search term(s) - I used spell check error
>>> Scroll down and choose Display results as: Topics
>>> Leave all other settings and click Search
>>>
>>> Result:
>>>
>>> General Error
>>>
>>> SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
>>>
>>> Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'forumaoo_en.t.topic_last_post_time' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT [3065]
>>>
>>> SQL
>>>
>>> SELECT DISTINCT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS t.topic_id FROM phpbb_en_topics t, phpbb_en_posts p WHERE MATCH (p.post_subject, p.post_text) AGAINST ('+spell +check +error ' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AND t.topic_id = p.topic_id ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_time DESC LIMIT 250
>>>
>>> BACKTRACE
>>>
>>> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/mysqli.php
>>>
>>> LINE: 163
>>>
>>> CALL: dbal->sql_error()
>>>
>>> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/mysqli.php
>>>
>>> LINE: 205
>>>
>>> CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()
>>>
>>> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/dbal.php
>>>
>>> LINE: 170
>>>
>>> CALL: dbal_mysqli->_sql_query_limit()
>>>
>>> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/search/fulltext_mysql.php
>>>
>>> LINE: 472
>>>
>>> CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()
>>>
>>> FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/search.php
>>>
>>> LINE: 508
>>>
>>> CALL: fulltext_mysql->keyword_search()
>>>
>>> -------------------------
>>>
>>> As an aside, would it be possible to have the search default to Display as Topics? This returns a more compact listing of the results which seems to me to be easier to work through.

Re: Forum Migration Status

Dave Fisher
Hi -

The forums will be down from 9AM - 11AM PST (17:00-19:00 UTC) for VM switchover.

Regards,
Dave

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 3:33 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Hagar and forum users/admins,
>
> https://forum-test.openoffice.org/ <https://forum-test.openoffice.org/>
>
>>> (1) Attempt to use newest phpBB 3.2.4 which works with php 7. I’ve examined the code and it looks right.
>
> I dug further and language packs for Hungarian and Japanese are not available. I think that we need to look into this carefully before we migrate to 3.2.4.
>
> Also, new have subsilver2 theme installed. It does not look like we use it, but it is not offered for 3.2.4. We will need to do more careful testing of all of the language forums.
>

>>> (2) If (1) is difficult then we will downgrade to php 5.
>
> I chose to have Infra downgrade PHP to version 5.6. Thanks Chris (fluxo)!
>

>>> (3) Sync up from current forums.
>
> Synced up files, avatars and databases. I will need two hours to do this either late Thursday or early Friday.
>

>>> (4) Add warning about migration downtime to current production.
>
> I think you did this sufficiently.
>

>>> (5) Create a blocking httpd configuration for during the migration
>
> I think I will just stop apache httpd.
>
> (6) Community Testing.
>
> Please start testing!
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Nov 27, 2018, at 12:15 PM, Hagar Delest <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Top posting
>>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Thanks, that sounds a good plan, especially providing a plan B!
>> I've added you as admin for both English forums (standard and test boards).
>> I've sent you by PM (in the regular forum) the list of the native language admins.
>>
>> I'll try to monitor the list and the forum more closely during daytime (France time) in the next few days, just in case.
>> Note that acknak has also admin rights on the board, he's in the US.
>>
>> Hagar
>>
>> Le 27/11/2018 à 04:12, Dave Fisher a écrit :
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> Further status and plan.
>>>
>>> The remaining issues involve phpBB 3.0.9 use of a function deprecated in php 5 and absent in php 7.
>>>
>>> (0) Given information requested in the last email.
>>>
>>> Tomorrow -
>>>
>>> (1) Attempt to use newest phpBB 3.2.4 which works with php 7. I’ve examined the code and it looks right.
>>>
>>> (2) If (1) is difficult then we will downgrade to php 5.
>>>
>>> (3) Sync up from current forums.
>>>
>>> (4) Add warning about migration downtime to current production.
>>>
>>> (5) Create a blocking httpd configuration for during the migration
>>>
>>> Wednesday
>>>
>>> (6) Request community testing
>>>
>>> Friday
>>>
>>> (7) Perform migration.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

Re: Forum Migration Status

ca.salva
Hi,
what should we do when the forum returns online?
Thanks
charlie

Il 30/11/18 03:50, Dave Fisher ha scritto:

> Hi -
>
> The forums will be down from 9AM - 11AM PST (17:00-19:00 UTC) for VM switchover.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Nov 27, 2018, at 3:33 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Hagar and forum users/admins,
>>
>> https://forum-test.openoffice.org/ <https://forum-test.openoffice.org/>

>> I dug further and language packs for Hungarian and Japanese are not available. I think that we need to look into this carefully before we migrate to 3.2.4.
>>
>> Also, new have subsilver2 theme installed. It does not look like we use it, but it is not offered for 3.2.4. We will need to do more careful testing of all of the language forums.

>> I chose to have Infra downgrade PHP to version 5.6. Thanks Chris (fluxo)!

>> Synced up files, avatars and databases. I will need two hours to do this either late Thursday or early Friday.

>> I think you did this sufficiently.

>> I think I will just stop apache httpd.
>>
>> (6) Community Testing.
>>
>> Please start testing!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>>> On Nov 27, 2018, at 12:15 PM, Hagar Delest <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Top posting
>>>
>>> Hi Dave,
>>>
>>> Thanks, that sounds a good plan, especially providing a plan B!
>>> I've added you as admin for both English forums (standard and test boards).
>>> I've sent you by PM (in the regular forum) the list of the native language admins.
>>>
>>> I'll try to monitor the list and the forum more closely during daytime (France time) in the next few days, just in case.
>>> Note that acknak has also admin rights on the board, he's in the US.
>>>
>>> Hagar

Re: Forum Migration Status

Dave Fisher
Hi Charlie,

Once the forums return online you should proceed normally.

If you encounter any unexpected behavior then please report it here and we’ll look into it.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 29, 2018, at 11:47 PM, Carlo Salvagno <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> what should we do when the forum returns online?
> Thanks
> charlie
>
> Il 30/11/18 03:50, Dave Fisher ha scritto:
>> Hi -
>>
>> The forums will be down from 9AM - 11AM PST (17:00-19:00 UTC) for VM switchover.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>>> On Nov 27, 2018, at 3:33 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Hagar and forum users/admins,
>>>
>>> https://forum-test.openoffice.org/ <https://forum-test.openoffice.org/>

>>> I dug further and language packs for Hungarian and Japanese are not available. I think that we need to look into this carefully before we migrate to 3.2.4.
>>>
>>> Also, new have subsilver2 theme installed. It does not look like we use it, but it is not offered for 3.2.4. We will need to do more careful testing of all of the language forums.

>>> I chose to have Infra downgrade PHP to version 5.6. Thanks Chris (fluxo)!

>>> Synced up files, avatars and databases. I will need two hours to do this either late Thursday or early Friday.

>>> I think you did this sufficiently.

>>> I think I will just stop apache httpd.
>>>
>>> (6) Community Testing.
>>>
>>> Please start testing!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

Re: Forum Migration Status

Dave Fisher
Hi -

Migration is started.

Regards,
Dave

> On Nov 29, 2018, at 6:50 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi -
>
> The forums will be down from 9AM - 11AM PST (17:00-19:00 UTC) for VM switchover.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Nov 27, 2018, at 3:33 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Hagar and forum users/admins,
>>
>> https://forum-test.openoffice.org/ <https://forum-test.openoffice.org/>

>> I dug further and language packs for Hungarian and Japanese are not available. I think that we need to look into this carefully before we migrate to 3.2.4.
>>
>> Also, new have subsilver2 theme installed. It does not look like we use it, but it is not offered for 3.2.4. We will need to do more careful testing of all of the language forums.

>> I chose to have Infra downgrade PHP to version 5.6. Thanks Chris (fluxo)!

>> Synced up files, avatars and databases. I will need two hours to do this either late Thursday or early Friday.

>> I think you did this sufficiently.

>> I think I will just stop apache httpd.
>>
>> (6) Community Testing.
>>
>> Please start testing!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>>> On Nov 27, 2018, at 12:15 PM, Hagar Delest <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Top posting
>>>
>>> Hi Dave,
>>>
>>> Thanks, that sounds a good plan, especially providing a plan B!
>>> I've added you as admin for both English forums (standard and test boards).
>>> I've sent you by PM (in the regular forum) the list of the native language admins.
>>>
>>> I'll try to monitor the list and the forum more closely during daytime (France time) in the next few days, just in case.
>>> Note that acknak has also admin rights on the board, he's in the US.
>>>
>>> Hagar

Re: Forum Migration Status

Dave Fisher
Migration has completed.

The IP address has changed and it may take up to 15 minutes from now for the DNS change to propagate to you.

Regards,
Dave

> On Nov 30, 2018, at 9:01 AM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi -
>
> Migration is started.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Nov 29, 2018, at 6:50 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi -
>>
>> The forums will be down from 9AM - 11AM PST (17:00-19:00 UTC) for VM switchover.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>>> On Nov 27, 2018, at 3:33 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Hagar and forum users/admins,
>>>
>>> https://forum-test.openoffice.org/ <https://forum-test.openoffice.org/>

>>> I dug further and language packs for Hungarian and Japanese are not available. I think that we need to look into this carefully before we migrate to 3.2.4.
>>>
>>> Also, new have subsilver2 theme installed. It does not look like we use it, but it is not offered for 3.2.4. We will need to do more careful testing of all of the language forums.

>>> I chose to have Infra downgrade PHP to version 5.6. Thanks Chris (fluxo)!

>>> Synced up files, avatars and databases. I will need two hours to do this either late Thursday or early Friday.

>>> I think you did this sufficiently.

>>> I think I will just stop apache httpd.
>>>
>>> (6) Community Testing.
>>>
>>> Please start testing!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

Re: Forum Migration Status

F C. Costero
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your efforts! The en forum is significantly faster than it has
bee recently
Best regards,
Francis

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 10:54 AM Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Migration has completed.
>
> The IP address has changed and it may take up to 15 minutes from now for
> the DNS change to propagate to you.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>

> > On Nov 30, 2018, at 9:01 AM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi -
> >
> > Migration is started.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dave
> >
> >> On Nov 29, 2018, at 6:50 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi -
> >>
> >> The forums will be down from 9AM - 11AM PST (17:00-19:00 UTC) for VM
> switchover.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Dave

> examined the code and it looks right.

> available. I think that we need to look into this carefully before we
> migrate to 3.2.4.

> use it, but it is not offered for 3.2.4. We will need to do more careful
> testing of all of the language forums.

> (fluxo)!

> this either late Thursday or early Friday.

> boards).
> language admins.

> daytime (France time) in the next few days, just in case.

> deprecated in php 5 and absent in php 7.

> examined the code and it looks right.

> <mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:

> to incompatibilities between PHP 7 and phpBB 3.0.x and 3.1.x. Specifically
> BBCodes use a php method that is no longer supported in PHP 7.

> my ID (dave2wave) full admin rights on both the current production and also
> forum test.

> admins so that I can provide any setup instructions.

> <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:
> [hidden email] <mailto:
> [hidden email]>>
> <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

Re: Forum Migration Status

Hagar Delest-2
+1, many thanks, that way much better!
Did the daily usual things and everything went smoothly.

Hagar

On 1/12/18 4:24 am, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Migration has completed.
>
> The IP address has changed and it may take up to 15 minutes from now for the DNS change to propagate to you.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

At this stage I am unable to connect, getting error "The page you are
trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received
data could not be verified."

Is the new host ooo-forums3-vm.apache.org with address 54.84.201.130 ?

  Cheers
--
David Robley

Depart in pieces.... i.e., Split.