Framework To-Do's

ameya joshi
HI All,

I am Ameya , I want to contribute to the open office .org open source
projects.

I have been learning C for past 9 months & am pretty comfortable with it ,
but i want to test my skills on practical applications.

I have been through The To-dos list of framework & saw that the skills
required are C++ & also the difficulty level is medium.

So i decided to work on these projects.

Can any one of you help me on how to start?

Regards,
Ameya

Re: Framework To-Do's

Carsten Driesner-3
On 07/31/10 20:05, ameya joshi wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I am Ameya , I want to contribute to the open office .org open source
> projects.
>
> I have been learning C for past 9 months&  am pretty comfortable with it ,
> but i want to test my skills on practical applications.
>
> I have been through The To-dos list of framework&  saw that the skills
> required are C++&  also the difficulty level is medium.
>
> So i decided to work on these projects.
>
> Can any one of you help me on how to start?
Hi Ameya,

Welcome to the framework project. First of all you should read the entry
document for development on the OpenOffice.org Wiki system. See here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Development

Please keep in mind that code contribution need a valid SCA (Sun
Contributor Agreement). You can find more information about it here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Sun_Contributor_Agreement

The first step after you have read the information should be to build
the OpenOffice.org sources. You can find more info about building
OpenOffice.org here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide

Please let me know what TODO you find interesting and we can discuss the
task in more detail.

Regards,
Carsten

--
Carsten Driesner (cd)
Project Lead OpenOffice.org Framework

Re: Framework To-Do's

ameya joshi
HI Carsten,

Could you please help me with the oOo build instructions.

I am using Ubuntu 9.04 , At first i didnt download the distribution specific
packages as ubuntu comes in with OpenOffice installed , so  i guessed all
the packages must be there but the configure script was not working.

Hence i downloaded the packages mentioned in the instructiuons.

*To build you need the following packages: *

*sudo apt-get install g++ gcc bison flex libarchive-zip-perl
libcups2-dev libpam0g-dev \
sun-java6-jdk gperf libfreetype6-dev libxaw7-dev libfontconfig1-dev
libxrandr-dev patch \
libgconf2-dev libgnomevfs2-dev ant libgtk2.0-dev junit junit4

*But the configure script doesnt run even after installing the above packages.

Is this script located at particular location?

Kindly revert back.

Regards,
Ameya

ameya joshi wrote:

> HI Carsten,
>
> Could you please help me with the oOo build instructions.
>
> I am using Ubuntu 9.04 , At first i didnt download the distribution specific
> packages as ubuntu comes in with OpenOffice installed , so  i guessed all
> the packages must be there but the configure script was not working.
>
> Hence i downloaded the packages mentioned in the instructiuons.
>
> *To build you need the following packages: *
>
> *sudo apt-get install g++ gcc bison flex libarchive-zip-perl
> libcups2-dev libpam0g-dev \
> sun-java6-jdk gperf libfreetype6-dev libxaw7-dev libfontconfig1-dev
> libxrandr-dev patch \
> libgconf2-dev libgnomevfs2-dev ant libgtk2.0-dev junit junit4
>
> *But the configure script doesnt run even after installing the above packages.
>
> Is this script located at particular location?

Hi Ameya,

The OpenOffice.org installation that is used by Ubuntu includes many
changes that are not part of the vanilla OpenOffice.org. I recommend to
uninstall the Ubuntu OpenOffice.org installation.
Please download the source bundles from the OpenOffice.org web page or
use the Mercurial (hg) Source Code Manager System to create your own
copy of the sources.

The source tarballs for the latest development version can be found here
(see Type Source with extensions, binfilter, core, l10n, system, ...)
http://download.openoffice.org/next/other.html#dev2

The general building guide for OpenOffice.org can be found here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Books/OpenOffice.org_Building_Guide

You can more information on how to build OpenOffice.org on Ubuntu here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Build_Instructions

The configure script is located in the root of the OpenOffice.org
projects (part of the  OOo-DEV_DEV300m86_src_core.tar.bz2 bundle) or
your clone of the OpenOffice.org repository.

binfilter
boost
bootstrap.1
bridges
cairo
canvas
chart2
cli_ure
codemaker
comphelper
config.guess
config.sub
configmgr
configure

I will be in vacation for one week. A colleague of mine, Mikhail
Voytenko, will help you building OpenOffice.org.

Regards,
Carsten

Re: Framework To-Do's

ameya joshi
Hi Carsten/Mikhail,

Sorry for taking a month got mixed up with other work.

I n-installed teh open office on ubuntu & went ahead as per the building guide.

The configure script didnt give me any error , so i went ahead with bootstrap.

That went well too but now am facing problem with actual build.Some package is missing.

I have attached a text file of output of build command.

The final error am getting is.

Error: -- `./unxlngi6.pro/misc/18f577b374d60b3c760a3a3350407632-STLport-4.5.unpack' not found, and can't be made

Kindly revert back.

Regards,
Ameya Joshi

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Carsten Driesner <[hidden email]> wrote:
ameya joshi wrote:
[...]

Build_all.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Framework To-Do's

Carsten Driesner
Am 29.08.2010 21:07, schrieb ameya joshi:

> Hi Carsten/Mikhail,
>
> Sorry for taking a month got mixed up with other work.
>
> I n-installed teh open office on ubuntu & went ahead as per the building
> guide.
>
> The configure script didnt give me any error , so i went ahead with
> bootstrap.
>
> That went well too but now am facing problem with actual build.Some
> package is missing.
>
> I have attached a text file of output of build command.
>
> The final error am getting is.
>
> Error: --
> `./unxlngi6.pro/misc/18f577b374d60b3c760a3a3350407632-STLport-4.5.unpack
> <http://unxlngi6.pro/misc/18f577b374d60b3c760a3a3350407632-STLport-4.5.unpack>'
> not found, and can't be made
Hi Ameya,

I doubt that stlport is missing in your source tree. It's an integrated
project of OpenOffice.org. Do you see a directory called "stlport" in
your source tree? Your Build_all.txt file just includes the output for
stlport that there occurred an error. Unfortunately we need the detailed
output where exactly the problem arose. Could you please attach a
detailed output just from building stlport? You can just change to the
"stlport" directory and enter "build".

Regards,
Carsten

Re: Framework To-Do's

ameya joshi
HI Carsten,

I tried to build by going to directory stlport

Here is the entire o/p:

ameya@Eya:/media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/stlport$ build
build -- version: 275224

=============
Building module stlport
=============

Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/stlport

*dmake:  Error: -- `./
unxlngi6.pro/misc/18f577b374d60b3c760a3a3350407632-STLport-4.5.unpack' not
found, and can't be made*

Kindly check.

Regards,
Ameya

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:30 PM, Carsten Driesner
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Am 29.08.2010 21:07, schrieb ameya joshi:
>
>> Hi Carsten/Mikhail,
>>
>> Sorry for taking a month got mixed up with other work.
>>
>> I n-installed teh open office on ubuntu & went ahead as per the building
>> guide.
>>
>> The configure script didnt give me any error , so i went ahead with
>> bootstrap.
>>
>> That went well too but now am facing problem with actual build.Some
>> package is missing.
>>
>> I have attached a text file of output of build command.
>>
>> The final error am getting is.
>>
>> Error: --
>> `./unxlngi6.pro/misc/18f577b374d60b3c760a3a3350407632-STLport-4.5.unpack
>> <
>> http://unxlngi6.pro/misc/18f577b374d60b3c760a3a3350407632-STLport-4.5.unpack
>> >'
>>
>> not found, and can't be made
>>
> Hi Ameya,
>
> I doubt that stlport is missing in your source tree. It's an integrated
> project of OpenOffice.org. Do you see a directory called "stlport" in your
> source tree? Your Build_all.txt file just includes the output for stlport
> that there occurred an error. Unfortunately we need the detailed output
> where exactly the problem arose. Could you please attach a detailed output
> just from building stlport? You can just change to the "stlport" directory
> and enter "build".
>

> Regards,
> Carsten

Re: Framework To-Do's

David Tardon
On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 11:48:36AM +0530, ameya joshi wrote:

> HI Carsten,
>
> I tried to build by going to directory stlport
>
> Here is the entire o/p:
>
> ameya@Eya:/media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/stlport$ build
> build -- version: 275224
>

> =============
> Building module stlport
> =============
>
> Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/stlport
>
> *dmake:  Error: -- `./
> unxlngi6.pro/misc/18f577b374d60b3c760a3a3350407632-STLport-4.5.unpack' not
> found, and can't be made*

It means you don't have STLport tarball. The following command

cd /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2
./fetch_tarballs.sh ooo.lst

will fetch tarballs for all external modules, including STLPort.
They are placed in $TARFILE_LOCATION (default is ../ext_sources).

D.

Re: Framework To-Do's

Mathias Bauer
On 01.09.2010 10:36, David Tardon wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 11:48:36AM +0530, ameya joshi wrote:
>> HI Carsten,
>>
>> I tried to build by going to directory stlport
>>
>> Here is the entire o/p:
>>
>> ameya@Eya:/media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/stlport$ build
>> build -- version: 275224
>>

>> =============
>> Building module stlport
>> =============
>>
>> Entering /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2/stlport
>>
>> *dmake:  Error: -- `./
>> unxlngi6.pro/misc/18f577b374d60b3c760a3a3350407632-STLport-4.5.unpack' not
>> found, and can't be made*
>>

> It means you don't have STLport tarball. The following command
>
> cd /media/Ameya/OOO330_m2
> ./fetch_tarballs.sh ooo.lst
>
> will fetch tarballs for all external modules, including STLPort.
> They are placed in $TARFILE_LOCATION (default is ../ext_sources).

Usually this should have happend in the "bootstrap" step already. It can
indeed be fixed by explicitly fetching missing tarballs, but I wonder
what went wrong in your bootstrapping.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".