Future of the project (forum thread)

Bidouille
Hello dev team,

An end user post (again) a question about the future of OpenOffice
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=104234

Maybe a PMC member could answer to this point?

Re: Future of the project (forum thread)

Matthias Seidel
Hi,

Am 20.01.21 um 19:49 schrieb Bidouille:
> Hello dev team,
>
> An end user post (again) a question about the future of OpenOffice
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=104234
>
> Maybe a PMC member could answer to this point?

Even a member of the PMC can only express his personal opinion... ;-)

If people are not happy with AOO they either should use something else
or engage in the project.
It is as simple as that!

We are all volunteers spending our personal time for the project.

(Again: This is a personal opinion)

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Future of the project (forum thread)

Marcus (OOo)

> Am 20.01.21 um 19:49 schrieb Bidouille:
>> An end user post (again) a question about the future of OpenOffice
>> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=104234
>>
>> Maybe a PMC member could answer to this point?
>
> Even a member of the PMC can only express his personal opinion... ;-)
>
> If people are not happy with AOO they either should use something else
> or engage in the project.
> It is as simple as that!
>
> We are all volunteers spending our personal time for the project.
>
> (Again: This is a personal opinion)

+1, it's hard to say what the future will bring.

Besides this I think Dave has given already an answer. And I don't know
what could be added more.

Marcus