Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 released

Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 released

Marcus (OOo)
Dear OpenOffice community,

we want to share with you the quoted mail from below:
Yesterday the new Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 was released.

(due to busy work and technical difficulties I wasn't able to write this
in time, please don't hold it against me that this comes with one day delay)

That the new release has happened is the merit of many, many people. We
cannot and won't call single names but want to say a big

Thank You :-)

to all who have helped, tested, hacked, discussed or were otherwise
involved and have invested many hours of their spare time.

Please keep up this drive and go with us into a new round for the next
release.

PS:
We should work hard to leave the 4.1.x release line and enter the next
level.

Marcus
(on behalf of the Apache OpenOffice PMC)

Betreff: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 released
Datum: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 21:44:13 +0200
Von: Marcus <[hidden email]>
Antwort an: [hidden email]
An: [hidden email]

19 October 2017 - Apache OpenOffice, the leading Open Source office
document productivity suite, announced today Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4,
now available in 41 languages on Windows, macOS and Linux.

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 is a maintenance release incorporating important
bug fixes, security fixes, updated dictionaries, and build fixes. All
users of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 or earlier are advised to upgrade.

The main changes include:
* Several updates for language dictionaries
* Some translation fixes in the UI
* Bug fixes
* Security improvements
* Updated graphics/logos (new Apache feather)
* Enhancements to the build tools (for developers)

For the complete overview see the list in Bugzilla:
https://s.apache.org/AOO-414changes

Full version of this announcement:
https://s.apache.org/AOO-414announcement

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 Release Notes:
https://s.apache.org/AOO-414releasenotes

Download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 from the original source only:
https://www.openoffice.org/download/

Follow Apache OpenOffice:
Twitter   https://twitter.com/apacheoo
Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/ApacheOO
Google+   https://plus.google.com/u/0/114598373874764163668/posts

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 released

Jörg Schmidt-2
Hello,

> From: Marcus [mailto:[hidden email]]

> Dear OpenOffice community,
> [...]

Thanks for the information.

I think we as a community need to be more concerned about our public perception in the future.

Especially in Germany there are a lot of articles in which AOO is poorly presented, currently e. g:
http://www.pro-linux.de/news/1/25256/openoffice-414-freigegeben.html

Jörg

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 released

Matthias Seidel

Am 20.10.2017 um 22:33 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:

> Hello,
>
>> From: Marcus [mailto:[hidden email]]
>> Dear OpenOffice community,
>> [...]
> Thanks for the information.
>
> I think we as a community need to be more concerned about our public perception in the future.
>
> Especially in Germany there are a lot of articles in which AOO is poorly presented, currently e. g:
> http://www.pro-linux.de/news/1/25256/openoffice-414-freigegeben.html
"Haters gonna hate..."

Matthias

> Jörg

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 released

Pedro Lino-3

>         > > I think we as a community need to be more concerned about our public perception in the future.
> >
> >         Especially in Germany there are a lot of articles in which AOO is poorly presented, currently e. g:
> >         http://www.pro-linux.de/news/1/25256/openoffice-414-freigegeben.html
> >
> >     >     "Haters gonna hate..."

+1

Yes, development is slow. Yes, it would be great if there were more developers. And yet AOO does not move forward when regressions are found. From my perspective that is important. But most importantly, I'm glad that there isn't only one office suite that supports ODF. Diversity is good ;)

Just my 2 cents.

Re: Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 released

Kay Schenk-2
On Oct 20, 2017 12:20 PM, "Marcus" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear OpenOffice community,

we want to share with you the quoted mail from below:
Yesterday the new Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 was released.

(due to busy work and technical difficulties I wasn't able to write this in
time, please don't hold it against me that this comes with one day delay)

That the new release has happened is the merit of many, many people. We
cannot and won't call single names but want to say a big

Thank You :-)

to all who have helped, tested, hacked, discussed or were otherwise
involved and have invested many hours of their spare time.

Please keep up this drive and go with us into a new round for the next
release.

PS:
We should work hard to leave the 4.1.x release line and enter the next
level.

+1. Definitely!

Kay Schenk

Am 20.10.2017 um 23:17 schrieb Pedro Lino:

>>         > > I think we as a community need to be more concerned about our public perception in the future.
>>>         Especially in Germany there are a lot of articles in which AOO is poorly presented, currently e. g:
>>>         http://www.pro-linux.de/news/1/25256/openoffice-414-freigegeben.html
>>>
>>>     >     "Haters gonna hate..."
> +1
>
> Yes, development is slow. Yes, it would be great if there were more developers. And yet AOO does not move forward when regressions are found. From my perspective that is important. But most importantly, I'm glad that there isn't only one office suite that supports ODF. Diversity is good ;)
>
> Just my 2 cents.

My personal opinion:
I think it is almost our duty to give people an alternative to MSO/LO.

Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 released

Peter Kovacs-3
Who is this guy?

On 20.10.2017 22:33, Jörg Schmidt wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> From: Marcus [mailto:[hidden email]]
>> Dear OpenOffice community,
>> [...]
> Thanks for the information.
>
> I think we as a community need to be more concerned about our public perception in the future.
>
> Especially in Germany there are a lot of articles in which AOO is poorly presented, currently e. g:
> http://www.pro-linux.de/news/1/25256/openoffice-414-freigegeben.html
>

> Jörg

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 released

Peter Kovacs-3
I wanted to know who the autor of the article is. Thanks for the answer
Jörg.