Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released

Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released

Marcus (OOo)
Hello OpenOffice community,

today we want to share with you the announcement from below.

Thank You

to all who have helped to make this new release happen. Especially the
Mac community will be happy again as they can use DOCX, XLSX; and PPTX
document again.

PS:
The Apache Blog server is having an outage at the moment. So, please be
patient as the usual announcement is not yet there.

Marcus
(on behalf of the Apache OpenOffice PMC)

Betreff: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released
Datum: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 00:33:33 +0100
Von: Marcus <[hidden email]>
Antwort an: [hidden email]
An: [hidden email]

07 February 2021 - Apache OpenOffice, the leading Open Source office
document productivity suite, announced today Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9,
now available in 41 languages on Windows, macOS and Linux.

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 is a maintenance release aimed at correcting
some regressions and delivering the latest English dictionary. All users
of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 or earlier are advised to upgrade.

For the complete overview see the list in Bugzilla:
https://s.apache.org/AOO-419changes

Full version of this announcement:
https://s.apache.org/AOO-419announcement

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 Release Notes:
https://s.apache.org/AOO-419releasenotes

Download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 from the original source only:
https://www.openoffice.org/download/

Follow Apache OpenOffice:
Twitter   https://twitter.com/apacheoo
Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/ApacheOO
YouTube   https://www.youtube.com/openoffice

Re: Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released

Arrigo Marchiori
Hello Marcus,

first of all I want to thank you and all the people involved with
preparing this release!

At the moment, the link on top of www.openoffice.org takes to a HTTP
404 page -- apparently a missing blog entry. But the site
blogs.apache.org seems to be working and so our blog:
https://blogs.apache.org/ooo/

Maybe it's worth removing the link until the blog entry will be ready?

Just my two cents, as in Europe we are deep into our business hours
and this small problem may be quite well noticed.

Thank you again and best regards.

On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 12:45:50AM +0100, Marcus wrote:

> Hello OpenOffice community,
>
> today we want to share with you the announcement from below.
>
> Thank You
>
> to all who have helped to make this new release happen. Especially the Mac
> community will be happy again as they can use DOCX, XLSX; and PPTX document
> again.
>
> PS:
> The Apache Blog server is having an outage at the moment. So, please be
> patient as the usual announcement is not yet there.
>
> Marcus
> (on behalf of the Apache OpenOffice PMC)

> Betreff: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released
> Datum: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 00:33:33 +0100
> Von: Marcus <[hidden email]>
> Antwort an: [hidden email]
> An: [hidden email]
>
> 07 February 2021 - Apache OpenOffice, the leading Open Source office
> document productivity suite, announced today Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9, now
> available in 41 languages on Windows, macOS and Linux.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 is a maintenance release aimed at correcting some
> regressions and delivering the latest English dictionary. All users of
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 or earlier are advised to upgrade.
>
> For the complete overview see the list in Bugzilla:
> https://s.apache.org/AOO-419changes
>
> Full version of this announcement:
> https://s.apache.org/AOO-419announcement
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 Release Notes:
> https://s.apache.org/AOO-419releasenotes
>
> Download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 from the original source only:
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/
>
> Follow Apache OpenOffice:
> Twitter   https://twitter.com/apacheoo
> Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/ApacheOO
> YouTube   https://www.youtube.com/openoffice

Arrigo

http://rigo.altervista.org

Am 08.02.21 um 11:43 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:
> first of all I want to thank you and all the people involved with
> preparing this release!
>
> At the moment, the link on top of www.openoffice.org takes to a HTTP
> 404 page -- apparently a missing blog entry. But the site
> blogs.apache.org seems to be working and so our blog:
> https://blogs.apache.org/ooo/

the reason was an outage of parts of the Blog system. The announcement
was ready but couldn't be published and therefore not displayed for the
public.

Too bad it was while the go-live was runnning.

In the meantime I was able to publish the announcement.

> Maybe it's worth removing the link until the blog entry will be ready?

I don't think it can be removed but only pointing to other target.

> Just my two cents, as in Europe we are deep into our business hours
> and this small problem may be quite well noticed.

I know the other side would be to delay the release. But I've decided
not to wait any longer just because one task is not possible.

Marcus

> On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 12:45:50AM +0100, Marcus wrote:
>
>> Hello OpenOffice community,
>>
>> today we want to share with you the announcement from below.
>>
>> Thank You
>>
>> to all who have helped to make this new release happen. Especially the Mac
>> community will be happy again as they can use DOCX, XLSX; and PPTX document
>> again.
>>
>> PS:
>> The Apache Blog server is having an outage at the moment. So, please be
>> patient as the usual announcement is not yet there.
>>
>> Marcus
>> (on behalf of the Apache OpenOffice PMC)

Pedro Lino-4
Hi all

I am happy to announce that I was notified today about the availability of a new AOO version!

Congratulations to all for the previous effort to fix notifications in 4.1.8!

One question: does someone have the permissions to update the Sourceforge page?

It is a little absurd that on the main page for OpenOffice
https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/
it reports Project Activity
3 years ago
when the latest files have been uploaded on 2021-02-02

Regards,
Pedro

Am 13.02.21 um 20:10 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi all
>
> I am happy to announce that I was notified today about the availability of a new AOO version!
>
> Congratulations to all for the previous effort to fix notifications in 4.1.8!
>
> One question: does someone have the permissions to update the Sourceforge page?
>
> It is a little absurd that on the main page for OpenOffice
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/
> it reports Project Activity
> 3 years ago
> when the latest files have been uploaded on 2021-02-02

I don't know how to edit this. I don't find any hint for it - even as
admin. Must be a thing of SF.net.

Marcus

Re: Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Marcus

> On 02/14/2021 3:36 PM Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > One question: does someone have the permissions to update the Sourceforge page?

> I don't know how to edit this. I don't find any hint for it - even as
> admin. Must be a thing of SF.net.

Can we ask them? I volunteer to do that on behalf of AOO if you don't have the time.

Regards,
Pedro

Am 14.02.21 um 17:35 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>> On 02/14/2021 3:36 PM Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

just go ahead.

Marcus

>>> One question: does someone have the permissions to update the Sourceforge page?
>
>> I don't know how to edit this. I don't find any hint for it - even as
>> admin. Must be a thing of SF.net.
>
> Can we ask them? I volunteer to do that on behalf of AOO if you don't have the time.

Re: Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released

Peter Kovacs-4
FYI: I posted a (late) note on Facebook.

I added some info additional Infos on test distributions.

Maybe people continue to sign up.

On 14.02.21 18:35, Marcus wrote:

> Am 14.02.21 um 17:35 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>>> On 02/14/2021 3:36 PM Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> just go ahead.
>
> Marcus

>>> I don't know how to edit this. I don't find any hint for it - even as
>>> admin. Must be a thing of SF.net.
>>
>> Can we ask them? I volunteer to do that on behalf of AOO if you don't
>> have the time.

Re: Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

Am 14.02.21 um 17:35 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Marcus
>
>> On 02/14/2021 3:36 PM Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> One question: does someone have the permissions to update the Sourceforge page?
>> I don't know how to edit this. I don't find any hint for it - even as
>> admin. Must be a thing of SF.net.
> Can we ask them? I volunteer to do that on behalf of AOO if you don't have the time.

Do you have a SourceForge account?

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Matthias

> On 03/02/2021 11:05 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 14.02.21 um 17:35 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> > Hi Marcus

> >> I don't know how to edit this. I don't find any hint for it - even as
> >> admin. Must be a thing of SF.net.
> > Can we ask them? I volunteer to do that on behalf of AOO if you don't have the time.
>
> Do you have a SourceForge account?

I have an old one but not associated to OpenOffice
In any case I wrote to support and they answered that they are investigating the issue. It has been a week since they answered. I will give them a few more days before asking for progress.

Regards,
Pedro

Am 03.03.21 um 00:24 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi Matthias
>
>> On 03/02/2021 11:05 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Am 14.02.21 um 17:35 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>>> Hi Marcus

>>> Can we ask them? I volunteer to do that on behalf of AOO if you don't have the time.
>> Do you have a SourceForge account?
> I have an old one but not associated to OpenOffice
No problem, I only thought about giving you administrative rights.
> In any case I wrote to support and they answered that they are investigating the issue. It has been a week since they answered. I will give them a few more days before asking for progress.

Thanks, I did not find any possibility to change it.

It seems to be a generated RSS feed that stopped working years ago...

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Sourceforge project activity feedback

Pedro Lino-4
Hi all

Following up on the issue I raised about the Project Activity at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/
(that shows version 4.1.4 from 3 years ago)

the answer from the Sourceforge staff was

> On 03/24/2021 4:15 PM SourceForge.net Support & Ops <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Your activity feed has been fixed for any releases you make going forward, but unfortunately, we're not able to backfill the previous releases.

This is not what I expected but hopefully it will be fixed with the next release.

All the best,
Pedro

> On 03/02/2021 11:33 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi Pedro,
>
> Am 03.03.21 um 00:24 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> > Hi Matthias

> >> Do you have a SourceForge account?
> > I have an old one but not associated to OpenOffice
> No problem, I only thought about giving you administrative rights.
> > In any case I wrote to support and they answered that they are investigating the issue. It has been a week since they answered. I will give them a few more days before asking for progress.
>
> Thanks, I did not find any possibility to change it.
>
> It seems to be a generated RSS feed that stopped working years ago...
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> > Regards,
> > Pedro

Re: Sourceforge project activity feedback

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

Am 30.03.21 um 11:29 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi all
>
> Following up on the issue I raised about the Project Activity at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/
> (that shows version 4.1.4 from 3 years ago)
>
> the answer from the Sourceforge staff was
>
>> On 03/24/2021 4:15 PM SourceForge.net Support & Ops <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Your activity feed has been fixed for any releases you make going forward, but unfortunately, we're not able to backfill the previous releases.
Thanks for the heads up!
> This is not what I expected but hopefully it will be fixed with the next release.

I am OK with that, given that we are already planning on the next version.

Regards,

   Matthias

> All the best,
> Pedro
>
>> On 03/02/2021 11:33 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Pedro,
>>
>> Am 03.03.21 um 00:24 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>>> Hi Matthias

>>> I have an old one but not associated to OpenOffice
>> No problem, I only thought about giving you administrative rights.
>>> In any case I wrote to support and they answered that they are investigating the issue. It has been a week since they answered. I will give them a few more days before asking for progress.
>> Thanks, I did not find any possibility to change it.
>>
>> It seems to be a generated RSS feed that stopped working years ago...
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Sourceforge project activity feedback

Marcus (OOo)

> Am 30.03.21 um 11:29 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>>
>> Following up on the issue I raised about the Project Activity at
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/
>> (that shows version 4.1.4 from 3 years ago)
>>
>> the answer from the Sourceforge staff was
>>
>>> On 03/24/2021 4:15 PM SourceForge.net Support & Ops <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Your activity feed has been fixed for any releases you make going forward, but unfortunately, we're not able to backfill the previous releases.
> Thanks for the heads up!

yes, thanks

>> This is not what I expected but hopefully it will be fixed with the next release.
>
> I am OK with that, given that we are already planning on the next version.

If this will still not work like we would expect it, I suggest to delete
it completely as IMHO the value add for the user is really low.

Marcus