Fwd: [AOO-Templates]

Martin Groenescheij
Please action

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [AOO-Templates]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:36:16 -0500
From: David Meritt <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]

I can't seem to download any templates and some templates when selected
give Access Denied messages.  I something broken on the templates website?

Re: [AOO-Templates]

Jörg Schmidt-2
> Subject: [AOO-Templates]
> Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:36:16 -0500
> From: David Meritt <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
>

> I can't seem to download any templates and some templates
> when selected
> give Access Denied messages.  I something broken on the
> templates website?

yes.

Alternatively, you can also download template packages as an extension, e.g.
english-language templates:
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-template-pack-english
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-template-pack-ii-english

Grretings,
Jörg

Re: [AOO-Templates]

Martin Groenescheij

On 23/02/17 7:03 PM, Jörg Schmidt wrote:

>> Subject: [AOO-Templates]
>> Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:36:16 -0500
>> From: David Meritt <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>>

>> I can't seem to download any templates and some templates
>> when selected
>> give Access Denied messages.  I something broken on the
>> templates website?
> yes.
>
> Alternatively, you can also download template packages as an extension, e.g.
> english-language templates:
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-template-pack-english
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-template-pack-ii-english

And how are users informed about this?
The OpenOffice website direct them to: http://templates.openoffice.org/
The issue is not solved by the fact that developers now alternative
URL's it's only solved by cleaning our extension / template pages

> Grretings,
> Jörg

Re: [AOO-Templates]

Jörg Schmidt-2

> From: Martin Groenescheij [mailto:[hidden email]]

> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-templ
> ate-pack-english
> >
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-templ
> ate-pack-ii-english
>
> And how are users informed about this?

For example, you can click on the link at the bottom of the Extension Manager

> The OpenOffice website direct them to:
> http://templates.openoffice.org/
> The issue is not solved by the fact that developers now alternative
> URL's it's only solved by cleaning our extension / template pages

What issue? I have only informed about two extensions, which has nothing at all to
do with a troubleshooting on the templates website.

Jörg

Re: [AOO-Templates]

Martin Groenescheij

On 24/02/17 6:44 AM, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
>> From: Martin Groenescheij [mailto:[hidden email]]
>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-templ
>> ate-pack-english
>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-templ
>> ate-pack-ii-english
>>
>> And how are users informed about this?
> For example, you can click on the link at the bottom of the Extension Manager

That is not the way users search for extensions.

>> The OpenOffice website direct them to:
>> http://templates.openoffice.org/
>> The issue is not solved by the fact that developers now alternative
>> URL's it's only solved by cleaning our extension / template pages
> What issue? I have only informed about two extensions, which has nothing at all to
> do with a troubleshooting on the templates website.

Yes you have informed about two extensions, but the question is who do
you have informed?
Users are raising questions at the user mailing list, most likely they
are not subscribed to the dev mailing list.
If the developers are not able to solve the problem then at least direct
us to whom we (user) can escalate the problem.

> Jörg

Re: [AOO-Templates]

toki
On 02/23/2017 10:31 AM, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-template-pack-ii-english

> And how are users informed about this?

Using the search box.

> it's only solved by cleaning our extension / template pages

Who has the authority to give somebody the power to clean it up, bearing
in mind that neither extensions, nor templates are delivered from a site
that is either controlled by, or operated by _The Apache Software
Foundation_.

jonathon

Re: [AOO-Templates]

Jörg Schmidt-2

> From: Martin Groenescheij [mailto:[hidden email]]

> >> And how are users informed about this?
> > For example, you can click on the link at the bottom of the
> Extension Manager
>
> That is not the way users search for extensions.

Already possible

> Yes you have informed about two extensions, but the question
> is who do
> you have informed?

I have informed where you asked for it.
And I have called my answer an alternative, because I have no answer to the real
question.
If you are not interested in an alternative, then just ignore my answer, but I
just want to help.

Jörg