Fwd: [AOO-Templates]

Peter Kovacs-3
Hi Dave,

Do you know why the template site can not send any emails?

What needs to be done to fix this? Thanks.

all the Best

Peter

Re: Fwd: [AOO-Templates]

Dave Brondsema
There's a thread titled "templates/extensions.openoffice.org outbound mail" on
the private@ list last year which has a lot of details.  I don't think much has
changed since then.

In summary, SourceForge web hosting in general stopped supporting sending
outbound mail many years ago.  But we set up an exception for AOOT/E sites to
send mail through a Sparkpost service account.  Then last year Sparkpost
disabled the account due to a high bounce rate of the emails (a common practice
in email service providers, so that their reputation and other users are not
jeopardized).

We may want to go back to the private thread, if thats ok since there's various
backend configuration and settings involved.  If so, please CC me as I am not
subscribed to the private list.

On 2/3/20 5:12 PM, Peter Kovacs wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>

> Do you know why the template site can not send any emails?
>
> What needs to be done to fix this? Thanks.
>

> all the Best
>
> Peter

Dave Brondsema : [hidden email]
http://www.brondsema.net : personal