Fwd: FOSDEM Apache Developer Room ?

Dave Fisher
Hi -

Is there any interest in OpenOffice participating with an Apache Developer Room at the 2018 FOSDEM?

If so we should let Sharan know at [hidden email]

Regards,
Dave

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Sharan Foga"<[hidden email]>
Subject: FOSDEM Apache Developer Room ?
Date: September 4, 2017 at 1:50:34 AM PDT

Hi All

Is there any interest in us submitting a request for an Apache Developer room for FOSDEM?

If we were allocated one then we would need to manage our own CFP for presentations and content. Details are in the link below.

https://fosdem.org/2018/news/2017-09-03-call-for-participation/

The deadline for applications is 20th September so we'd need to act fairly quickly.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Fwd: FOSDEM Apache Developer Room ?

Andrea Pescetti-2
Dave Fisher wrote:
> Is there any interest in OpenOffice participating with an Apache
> Developer Room at the 2018 FOSDEM?

I've taken care of submitting the request for the past few years and I
can do it for this year too. So I'll take care of it.

> If so we should let Sharan know

I'll let her know after the OpenOffice request is submitted. Her
proposal of an "Apache Developer Room" is something different.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Fwd: FOSDEM Apache Developer Room ?

Peter Kovacs-3
I would try to provide content for a room. There we have talks yes?

I have no Idea about what I should talk, yet. Would be a talk on
joining a huge historic Project like Open Office with almost no
experience be a helpfull topic?

Maybe we should have a talk where Open Office as a project is heading.
Release cycles concerns, options and so forth.And of course what people
we are looking for and what they skill they have to learn.
could be a good thing.

Can we make an OpenOffice meetup like last year?
I mean it was great to meet new people. If we announce this a little
then maybe more people come. Of course I would be happy to see those I
already have met again.

Peter Kovacs wrote:
> I would try to provide content for a room. There we have talks yes?

Devrooms are proposed (and we are at this stage) and the FOSDEM
committee selects them. Then Call for Talks are issued (October). Then
talks are selected (November). So all the content discussion should wait
until the Call for Talks is issued.

> Can we make an OpenOffice meetup like last year?

Sure, it's always nice to meet people in person.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Fwd: FOSDEM Apache Developer Room ?

Patricia Shanahan
On 9/5/2017 3:42 PM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
> Can we make an OpenOffice meetup like last year?
> I mean it was great to meet new people. If we announce this a little
> then maybe more people come. Of course I would be happy to see those I
> already have met again.

If there is an OpenOffice meetup I may show up. It is a busy time of
year for me, but I think there is a long enough gap for a couple of
weeks in London with a side trip to Fosdem. (I am English, but live in
California).

I will need to make a definite decision at least two months in advance
because of air fares.

Re: Fwd: FOSDEM Apache Developer Room ?

Peter Kovacs-3
Best message of the day. :-D

Am 7. September 2017 00:27:54 MESZ schrieb Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]>:

>On 9/5/2017 3:42 PM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> Can we make an OpenOffice meetup like last year?
>> I mean it was great to meet new people. If we announce this a little
>> then maybe more people come. Of course I would be happy to see those
>> already have met again.
>
>If there is an OpenOffice meetup I may show up. It is a busy time of
>year for me, but I think there is a long enough gap for a couple of
>weeks in London with a side trip to Fosdem. (I am English, but live in
>California).
>
>I will need to make a definite decision at least two months in advance
>because of air fares.

Re: Fwd: FOSDEM Apache Developer Room ?

Matthias Seidel
I also plan to visit FOSDEM again next year.

Maybe I can convince some people to accompany me? It is a short flight. ;-)

Matthias

Am 07.09.2017 um 01:15 schrieb Peter kovacs:

> Best message of the day. :-D
>
> Am 7. September 2017 00:27:54 MESZ schrieb Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]>:
>> On 9/5/2017 3:42 PM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>>> Can we make an OpenOffice meetup like last year?
>>> I mean it was great to meet new people. If we announce this a little
>>> then maybe more people come. Of course I would be happy to see those
>>> already have met again.
>>
>> If there is an OpenOffice meetup I may show up. It is a busy time of
>> year for me, but I think there is a long enough gap for a couple of
>> weeks in London with a side trip to Fosdem. (I am English, but live in
>> California).
>>
>> I will need to make a definite decision at least two months in advance
>> because of air fares.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment