Fwd: Is Open Office Going Away?

Mike Kuldayev

History Department Head & AP/CC Teacher

_______

P: 509-319-2402 F: 888-317-6571

[hidden email]

www.enlightiumacademy.com

1 Star Review2 Star Review3 Star Review4 Star Review5 Star Review
Hello,

I'm working in an online school and our teachers frequently encourage their students to download Open Office for free from your homepage. Recently, I've got wind that Open Office might be going away and/or students won't be able to download it for free in the near future. So, I just wanted to follow up with you to see if that's truly the case or just empty rumor?

Thank you much,

MK
The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.
*Enlightium Academy Disclaimer*

Re: Fwd: Is Open Office Going Away?

jd1008
That wind you got was just some people's brain fart because they are
the club of a derivative software called libre' office. This club wants
to discourage people from using OpenOffice and junp onto the band
wagon of Libre' Office, which many programmers on the inside have
intimated to me privately that it contains malware that transmits one's
documents to multiple ip addresses.

On 9/18/19 9:17 AM, Mike Kuldayev wrote:

> *Mike Kuldayev*
>
> History Department Head & AP/CC Teacher
>
> *_______*
>
> *P:* 509-319-2402 *F:* 888-317-6571
>
> [hidden email]
>
> www.enlightiumacademy.com <http://www.enlightiumacademy.com>
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm working in an online school and our teachers frequently encourage
> their students to download Open Office for free from your homepage.
> Recently, I've got wind that Open Office might be going away and/or
> students won't be able to download it for free in the near future. So,
> I just wanted to follow up with you to see if that's truly the case or
> just empty rumor?
>
> Thank you much,
>
> MK
> The information contained in this message is privileged and
> confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the named
> recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
> contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you receive
> this message in error, please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

Re: Fwd: Is Open Office Going Away?

Andrew Pitonyak
I was not aware of any rumors that it was going away, but if it does, have them download LibreOffice. They have the same root.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

On Sep 18, 2019, 11:23 AM, at 11:23 AM, Mike Kuldayev <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm working in an online school and our teachers frequently encourage
>their
>students to download Open Office for free from your homepage. Recently,
>I've got wind that Open Office might be going away and/or students
>won't be
>able to download it for free in the near future. So, I just wanted to
>follow up with you to see if that's truly the case or just empty rumor?
>
>Thank you much,
>
>MK

Re: Fwd: Is Open Office Going Away?

Matthias Seidel

Hello Mike,

Am 18.09.19 um 17:17 schrieb Mike Kuldayev:

Mike Kuldayev

History Department Head & AP/CC Teacher

_______

P: 509-319-2402 F: 888-317-6571

[hidden email]

www.enlightiumacademy.com

1 Star Review 2 Star Review 3 Star Review 4 Star Review 5 Star Review
Hello,

I'm working in an online school and our teachers frequently encourage their students to download Open Office for free from your homepage. Recently, I've got wind that Open Office might be going away and/or students won't be able to download it for free in the near future. So, I just wanted to follow up with you to see if that's truly the case or just empty rumor?

Short answer:

This is just "Fake News" ;-)

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 will be the next version, available soon.

Regards,

   Matthias

Thank you much,

MK
The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.
*Enlightium Academy Disclaimer*

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: Is Open Office Going Away?

W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof.
Is there any more substance to the claim about malware in LO than
there is to the claim about OO going away? I doubt it.

- Robert

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019, JD wrote:

> That wind you got was just some people's brain fart because they are
> the club of a derivative software called libre' office. This club wants
> to discourage people from using OpenOffice and junp onto the band
> wagon of Libre' Office, which many programmers on the inside have
> intimated to me privately that it contains malware that transmits one's
> documents to multiple ip addresses.
>
> On 9/18/19 9:17 AM, Mike Kuldayev wrote:
>>

>> *Mike Kuldayev*
>>
>> History Department Head & AP/CC Teacher
>>
>> *_______*
>>
>> *P:* 509-319-2402 *F:* 888-317-6571
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> www.enlightiumacademy.com <http://www.enlightiumacademy.com>
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm working in an online school and our teachers frequently encourage their
>> students to download Open Office for free from your homepage. Recently,
>> I've got wind that Open Office might be going away and/or students won't be
>> able to download it for free in the near future. So, I just wanted to
>> follow up with you to see if that's truly the case or just empty rumor?
>>
>> Thank you much,
>>
>> MK

Re: Fwd: Is Open Office Going Away?

GUSTAVO Ayala
Perhaps the question and discussion should focus not on LO or OO but on Google Docs and its applicability as a substitute to the great product, free of charge, Open Office.

> On September 18, 2019 at 12:39 PM "W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof." <[hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>

>     Is there any more substance to the claim about malware in LO than
>     there is to the claim about OO going away? I doubt it.
>         * Robert
>

>     On Wed, 18 Sep 2019, JD wrote:
>
>         > > That wind you got was just some people's brain fart because they are
> >         the club of a derivative software called libre' office. This club wants
> >         to discourage people from using OpenOffice and junp onto the band
> >         wagon of Libre' Office, which many programmers on the inside have
> >         intimated to me privately that it contains malware that transmits one's
> >         documents to multiple ip addresses.
> >
> >     >
>         > > On 9/18/19 9:17 AM, Mike Kuldayev wrote:
> >         >
> >
> >     > >>
>     >>
>     >> *Mike Kuldayev*
>     >>
>     >> History Department Head & AP/CC Teacher
>     >>
>     >> *_______*
>     >>
>     >> *P:* 509-319-2402 *F:* 888-317-6571
>     >>
>     >> [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email]
>     >>
>     >> www.enlightiumacademy.com <http://www.enlightiumacademy.com>
>     >>
>     >> Hello,
>     >>
>     >> I'm working in an online school and our teachers frequently encourage their
>     >> students to download Open Office for free from your homepage. Recently,
>     >> I've got wind that Open Office might be going away and/or students won't be
>     >> able to download it for free in the near future. So, I just wanted to
>     >> follow up with you to see if that's truly the case or just empty rumor?
>     >>
>     >> Thank you much,
>     >>
>     >> MK
>     >>

>     For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Fwd: Is Open Office Going Away?

M Henri Day
Den ons 18 sep. 2019 kl 21:30 skrev GUSTAVO Ayala <[hidden email]>:

> Perhaps the question and discussion should focus not on LO or OO but on
> Google Docs and its applicability as a substitute to the great product,
> free of charge, Open Office.

<...>

Agree with GUSTAVO.....

Henri

Re: Fwd: Is Open Office Going Away?

Simon Phipps-4
No, it's a malicious lie and the poster should be ashamed of themselves.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 5:39 PM W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof. <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there any more substance to the claim about malware in LO than
> there is to the claim about OO going away? I doubt it.
>
> - Robert

Re: Fwd: Is Open Office Going Away?

Kerryn Gunness
hey can u all send me the link again to down load open office?
i may have lost it

https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

> i may have lost it
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "M Henri Day" <[hidden email]>

Re: Is Open Office Going Away?

Martin Groenescheij

> Op 19 sep. 2019 om 15:04 heeft Kerryn Gunness <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> hey can u all send me the link again to down load open office?

Do you really need all (millions) of us to send you the link?