[Fwd: Kiswahili speller for openoffice]

rholt
Forwarding your mail to the lingucomponent list.

At the bottom of this page are instructions for joining the list.
http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/index.html
There is also some information on how to build dictionaries.

There are people there who can guide and assist you.

Welcome and best regards,
Richard.

Re: [Fwd: Kiswahili speller for openoffice]

F Wolff
On Sa, 2006-07-22 at 17:01 -0400, Richard/g wrote:

> Forwarding your mail to the lingucomponent list.
>
> At the bottom of this page are instructions for joining the list.
> http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/index.html
> There is also some information on how to build dictionaries.
>
> There are people there who can guide and assist you.
>
> Welcome and best regards,
> Richard.

Well, translate.org.za still exists, and still has all the tools to
build dictionaries. Not only for OpenOffice.org Myspell, but for other
spell checkers as well. Any reason not to update your existing checker?
It is in CVS at translate.sourceforge.net. Initial work has started for
the support of complex morphology. See the dict/zu/myspell directory
(Zulu as similar morphology to Swahili, as far as I can see). A python
script builds an affix file that has many more prefixes than can
reasonably be entered by hand. It is by no means complete, but could
provide a start.

Friedel