Fwd: Question about Open Office

Chris Lambertus
Not ACKed.

FYI dev@openoffice

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: ANN GORMAN <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Question about Open Office
> Date: September 23, 2019 at 4:15:39 AM PDT
> To: [hidden email], [hidden email]
>
> Hi my name is Ann, I have been using open office for years I love it and recommend it to anyone, I have always had hp computers that run on windows, I am interested in getting a google chrome book for myself and am wondering if open office will download and work the same on a chrome book as on windows if it don't then I have to buy a laptop my main concern is that open office can be used the same way on what ever operating system that it does on windows. If you can please let me know so I can make my purchase of a laptop or a chrome book. Thanks

Re: Fwd: Question about Open Office

Marcus (OOo)
>> From: ANN GORMAN <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Question about Open Office
>> Date: September 23, 2019 at 4:15:39 AM PDT
>> To: [hidden email], [hidden email]
>>
>> Hi my name is Ann, I have been using open office for years I love it and recommend it to anyone, I have always had hp computers that run on windows, I am interested in getting a google chrome book for myself and am wondering if open office will download and work the same on a chrome book as on windows if it don't then I have to buy a laptop my main concern is that open office can be used the same way on what ever operating system that it does on windows. If you can please let me know so I can make my purchase of a laptop or a chrome book. Thanks

officially we don't support Google's Chromebook. Only the operating
systems Windows, macOS and Linux in their native forms.

However, there are other people that have the same question. Please have
a look on the user support forums like here [1] or here [2].

[1] https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73597
[2] https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=78706

Marcus