Fwd: Re: Lost Password

toki

On 07/06/2017 05:43 PM, Gregory Truby wrote:

>>Try each of those variant patterns, until you find the correct password;

> Thank you Jonathon, I have tried that. Is there really nothing more I can do?

Optimised brute force is the most efficient way of finding the password.

There are a couple of firms that will do this for you, but their fees
are high. One of them has an initial charge of US$10,000,000, and a
quarterly charge of US$1,000,000 with no guarantee of finding the
password. The primary virtue of these services, is that they check
around 99,000,000,000 passwords per second. Organizations which offer
these services have extremely large dictionaries, which they use as part
of their "optimised brute force" attack.

jonathon

Re: Lost Password

John Miller
Please, Please, could you stop emailing me. I am taking baby steps in this
field. My degrees are in Organic chemistry, Pharmacology & PhD chemistry.
If you want A kilo of LSD maybe I can help. But I am only trying to learn
this because I lost my job in the lab through seizures
John

On 8 Jul 2017, at 20:28, Toki <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 07/06/2017 05:43 PM, Gregory Truby wrote:

Try each of those variant patterns, until you find the correct password;

Thank you Jonathon, I have tried that. Is there really nothing more I can
do?

Optimised brute force is the most efficient way of finding the password.

There are a couple of firms that will do this for you, but their fees
are high. One of them has an initial charge of US$10,000,000, and a
quarterly charge of US$1,000,000 with no guarantee of finding the
password. The primary virtue of these services, is that they check
around 99,000,000,000 passwords per second. Organizations which offer
these services have extremely large dictionaries, which they use as part
of their "optimised brute force" attack.

jonathon

Re: Lost Password

Dave-5
John,

Nobody is emailing you directly. You have subscribed yourself to a
public mailing list, where anything posted to the list is sent to all
list subscribers, including you. If you do not wish to receive any more
copies of the list postings send an email to the unsubscribe address
mentioned at the bottom of most list messages. More information about
this can be found at: https://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

Regards
Dave

On 08.07.2017 21:33, John Miller wrote:

> Please, Please, could you stop emailing me. I am taking baby steps in this
> field. My degrees are in Organic chemistry, Pharmacology & PhD chemistry.
> If you want A kilo of LSD maybe I can help. But I am only trying to learn
> this because I lost my job in the lab through seizures
> John
>
> On 8 Jul 2017, at 20:28, Toki <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 07/06/2017 05:43 PM, Gregory Truby wrote:
>
> Try each of those variant patterns, until you find the correct password;
>

> Thank you Jonathon, I have tried that. Is there really nothing more I can
> do?
>

> Optimised brute force is the most efficient way of finding the password.
>
> There are a couple of firms that will do this for you, but their fees
> are high. One of them has an initial charge of US$10,000,000, and a
> quarterly charge of US$1,000,000 with no guarantee of finding the
> password. The primary virtue of these services, is that they check
> around 99,000,000,000 passwords per second. Organizations which offer
> these services have extremely large dictionaries, which they use as part
> of their "optimised brute force" attack.
>
> jonathon

Re: Lost Password

John Miller
Dear Dave,
Thank Goodness. I was only trying to do a contact to someone in a
difficult, circumstance, as an act of kindness. Pls come back in 5 yrs
John