[Fwd: Re: [marketing] Marketing budget - SCALEx9]

[Fwd: Re: [marketing] Marketing budget - SCALEx9]

Ramon Sole
Hello Italo, *

thanks for your response.

But Alexandro is involved in some way in TDF, as it seems he manages the
official es.libreoffice.org site. Doesn't he?

See  http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/es/discuss/msg00057.html

where he asks for contributions to the http://es.libreoffice.org/ site,
as he were the site manager.

Furthermore, oooes.org is being promoted in the site too. The local
archive list for the site es.libreoffice.org is pointed to oooes.org:

http://es.libreoffice.org/contribuye/

Sincerely, I'm atonished about the mess.

Anyway, thanks again for your previous answer, as I understand you don't
have any duty on doing so.

Best Regards,

Ramon

> Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 02:23:06 +0100
> From: Italo Vignoli <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [marketing] Marketing budget - SCALEx9
>

> On 12/21/2010 12:21 AM, Ramon Sole wrote:
>
>> well, documentfoundation.es was registered by Alexandro, and he stated
>> himself in the OpenOffice.org Spanish lists he was in thight
>> relationship with the TDF about that domain.
>
> We have registered only the international domains for TDF, while we have
> registered the national domains for LibreOffice (because it makes sense
> to have local product web sites). Alexandro has tried to get involved,
> but has not managed to get involved. Unfortunately, Internet rules allow
> some mess, and the registration of the web site is part of this mess.
>
>> If you can read a little Spanish you will find interested that message,
>> about a (one more) discussion with Alexandro and his involvement in TDF
>> (regarding the documentfoundation.es domain that time) while keeping, in
>> OpenOffice.org, the Spanish NLP leadership.
>>
>> http://es.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=9186
>>
>> Alexandro states "Yo hablo directamente con el webmaster de
>> DocumentFoundation.org --  Florian Effemberg". It translates to "I talk
>> directly to the webmaster of DocumentFoundation.org --  Florian Effemberg"
>>
>> So I inferred Alexandro was involved with TDF, at least in some way,
>> just because he himself stated it. If not, sorry for my mistake.
>
> I can definitely read Spanish (I'm Italian, and in addition I speak a
> little Spanish). Everyone in the OOo community knows Florian, so it's
> easy to say that you speak with him. But if you look at TDF web site,
> you will realize who are the people behind the project.
>
>> And I agree, the mess concerns just the OpenOffice.org Spanish
>> Community. I apologize for involving TDF on it and I thank you for your
>> message.
>
> The mess, unfortunately, refers to the entire Spanish speaking
> community, because the situation risks to make it under represented in
> every free software project.
>
>> BTW, if Alexandro has no relationship with TDF then you have a problem
>> with the domain documentfoundation.es, it has been kidnapped. See below.
>
> This is a minor problem. We own the trademark, and no one can use the
> trademark unless authorized by TDF. A domani without a chance of being
> associated with a trademark is just empty.
>
> --
> Italo Vignoli
> tel +39.348.5653829
> VoIP: +39.02.320621813
> [hidden email]
> skype italovignoli

Re: [Fwd: Re: [marketing] Marketing budget - SCALEx9]

Charles-H. Schulz-2
Dear Ramon,

Italo will answer but allow me to bring my 2 eurocents.

Le Sun, 26 Dec 2010 14:08:24 +0100,
Ramon Sole <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello Italo, *
>
> thanks for your response.
>
> But Alexandro is involved in some way in TDF, as it seems he manages
> the official es.libreoffice.org site. Doesn't he?
>
> See  http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/es/discuss/msg00057.html
>
> where he asks for contributions to the http://es.libreoffice.org/
> site, as he were the site manager.
>
> Furthermore, oooes.org is being promoted in the site too. The local
> archive list for the site es.libreoffice.org is pointed to oooes.org:
>
> http://es.libreoffice.org/contribuye/
>
> Sincerely, I'm atonished about the mess.
>
> Anyway, thanks again for your previous answer, as I understand you
> don't have any duty on doing so.

Alexandro seems to try hard to act as if he were an official member of
the Document Foundation. I have repeatedly pointed out that indeed the
ES pages look like OOES is the official representative of the Document
Foundation. Although they're welcome to contribute they have no mandate
to represent us nor to act on our behalf.

It is indeed confusing and I'm sorry for this, but it seems some people
strive on ambiguity, unfortunately.

Merry Christmas to everyone,

Charles-H. Schulz.

> Best Regards,
>
> Ramon
>

> > Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 02:23:06 +0100
> > From: Italo Vignoli <[hidden email]>
> > Subject: [marketing] Marketing budget - SCALEx9
> >

> > On 12/21/2010 12:21 AM, Ramon Sole wrote:
> >
> >> well, documentfoundation.es was registered by Alexandro, and he
> >> stated himself in the OpenOffice.org Spanish lists he was in thight
> >> relationship with the TDF about that domain.
> >
> > We have registered only the international domains for TDF, while we
> > have registered the national domains for LibreOffice (because it
> > makes sense to have local product web sites). Alexandro has tried
> > to get involved, but has not managed to get involved.
> > Unfortunately, Internet rules allow some mess, and the registration
> > of the web site is part of this mess.
> >
> >> If you can read a little Spanish you will find interested that
> >> message, about a (one more) discussion with Alexandro and his
> >> involvement in TDF (regarding the documentfoundation.es domain
> >> that time) while keeping, in OpenOffice.org, the Spanish NLP
> >> leadership.
> >>
> >> http://es.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=9186
> >>
> >> Alexandro states "Yo hablo directamente con el webmaster de
> >> DocumentFoundation.org --  Florian Effemberg". It translates to "I
> >> talk directly to the webmaster of DocumentFoundation.org --
> >> Florian Effemberg"
> >>
> >> So I inferred Alexandro was involved with TDF, at least in some
> >> way, just because he himself stated it. If not, sorry for my
> >> mistake.
> >
> > I can definitely read Spanish (I'm Italian, and in addition I speak
> > a little Spanish). Everyone in the OOo community knows Florian, so
> > it's easy to say that you speak with him. But if you look at TDF
> > web site, you will realize who are the people behind the project.
> >
> >> And I agree, the mess concerns just the OpenOffice.org Spanish
> >> Community. I apologize for involving TDF on it and I thank you for
> >> your message.
> >
> > The mess, unfortunately, refers to the entire Spanish speaking
> > community, because the situation risks to make it under represented
> > in every free software project.
> >
> >> BTW, if Alexandro has no relationship with TDF then you have a
> >> problem with the domain documentfoundation.es, it has been
> >> kidnapped. See below.
> >
> > This is a minor problem. We own the trademark, and no one can use
> > the trademark unless authorized by TDF. A domani without a chance
> > of being associated with a trademark is just empty.
> >
> > --
> > Italo Vignoli
> > tel +39.348.5653829
> > VoIP: +39.02.320621813
> > [hidden email]
> > skype italovignoli

Charles-H. Schulz
Associé / Founding Partner
Ars Aperta.

Re: [Fwd: Re: [marketing] Marketing budget - SCALEx9]

Italo Vignoli-2
On 12/26/2010 02:08 PM, Ramon Sole wrote:

> But Alexandro is involved in some way in TDF, as it seems he manages the
> official es.libreoffice.org site. Doesn't he?

This has happened during the last two days, but we are going to take
care of this unfortunate mess. Thanks for pointing this out.

> Anyway, thanks again for your previous answer, as I understand you don't
> have any duty on doing so.

Why not? I think that the Spanish project deserves a better structure,
anyway.

--
Italo Vignoli
[hidden email]